1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Who here names their bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ImNotJoel, Jan 15, 2014.


  1. ImNotJoel

    ImNotJoel

    Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    Many people name their instruments I personally never have but I recently got a new bass.

    My guitarist asked me what I would name my bass made me curious how many people name their bass and what names did you give it?
     
  2. Sponsored by:

  3. ASATMAN

    ASATMAN

    May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Normally don't name inaminate objects but Keef and Marilyn kinda named themselves.
    [​IMG]
     
  4. FrednBass

    FrednBass

    Feb 24, 2012
    I named my two basses "Your Mother" and "Your Sister".

    Needlees to say this caused some amusing moments for me.
     
  5. Fat Steve

    Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

    Feb 4, 2013
    Ventura County
    Nice relics! :bag:
     
  6. ImNotJoel

    ImNotJoel

    Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    Keef and Marilyn


    That totally fits they even determined their gender how fast did they name them selves and nice basses too man.
     
  7. ImNotJoel

    ImNotJoel

    Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    Very clever would love to be a fly on the wall for your practices. This thread should be interesting!
     
  8. icecycle66

    icecycle66

    Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Mine are named:
    1. Intelligent Giant
    2. Evil Demon Bass
    3. that other one.
     
  9. ImNotJoel

    ImNotJoel

    Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    Ok my new Ibanez sr505pb considering the name citrus?
     

    Attached Files:

  10. edencab

    edencab

    Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    umm nope, seems silly, IMHO
    lots of people do though
     
  11. StyleOverShow

    StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Supporting Member

    May 3, 2008
    Studio City, CA
    Lil Blue for the Sterling in the avatar.

    Smoky, a Precision parts that has singe stains on the maple headstock.

    And Mexi, the jazz MIM fretless.

    Big boy, the standup
     
  12. I named an old bass I had 'Charlie' - after my grandfather.... when he passed he left his grandkids a little money that I put towards a bass, so I named it in his memory
    The bass I had before that I named "stupid piece of $#%&" - had a faulty input jack that worked 60% and played up the other 40%
     
  13. Junk420

    Junk420

    Jul 19, 2012
    Cornwall, Ontario
    My Epi Tbird Pro I call Gerry the Conqueror.
     
  14. odin70

    odin70

    Dec 26, 2007
    Oslo, Norway
    I have one old Fender p bass with the word "FUNK" scratched into the back of the neck, so i call it ..FUNK.
     
  15. ASATMAN

    ASATMAN

    May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Keef is a relic. Marilyn is the real deal, the neck celebrating her 59th this year. The body is a '51 that was refinished over 20 years ago.
    Thanks! Keef was named before the build was completed and Marilyn was named after the refin in 1991.
    [​IMG]
     
  16. I used to name my basses, but now I've only got one (at the moment) it doesn't need a name as it's in the singular; and I don't have a daft guitarist who would always pass me the one he preferred the colour of (as opposed to the one I generally played) when I'd finished fiddling round with other people's kit to make sure they were working.
     
  17. FrednBass

    FrednBass

    Feb 24, 2012
    And on it goes...
     
  18. Kmonk

    Kmonk

    Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    +1 It's silly and I never saw the point.

    Bunch of threads on this topic already.
     
  19. Ironbar

    Ironbar

    Aug 24, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Didn't we just have a thread like this recently?
     
  20. ImNotJoel

    ImNotJoel

    Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    I apologize I am new to this forum but it doesn't seem to be hurting anyone. I will however check out the old threads.
     
  21. DanGouge

    DanGouge

    May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I have, but only if something comes to me to inspire it, I don't go looking for a name if you will.
     



Share This Page