1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Who here uses a Portaflex PF210 & PF115 speaker cab together?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by sbpark, Feb 8, 2013.

1. sbpark

sbpark

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not starting this thread to start a debate between the concerns regarding phase issues, etc. with unmatched speaker cabs.That topic has been discussed/debated ad nauseum in tons of other threads.

Instead, I am looking to hear from others who use the PF210 & PF115 as a full stack together. I just picked up a PF500 head and looking to get a couple PF cabs. I've been going round and round about wanting the 210 or 115, and may just get one of each. That seems to offer the most flexibility, then they can be stacked for more volume when needed.

For those who do this, what has your experience been using the 210 & 115 together? Any regrets? If you had to do it again would you instead have gone with two 115 cabs or two 210 cabs, or are you stoked with the 210/115 combo?

Thanks in advance!
  2. stanknuckle

stanknuckle

A good friend of mine uses exactly that stack with a PF500!
    His "issues" with it are that he can't hear himself up close, and he's not too sure if the amp can handle the low end. However, he does engage the sub-bass switch...this will put a strain on the power output at higher volumes, but I think the sub-bass switch is more for small and quieter gigs where you need to simulate a big/solid tone at low volumes.
    He's considering some sort of tilt back setup for the 210 only, as he sits it on top of the 15.
    The rest of the band hears him loud and clear up directly in front is an issue for him. I've been trying to get him to use more mids to compensate and not use the sub-bass switch at high gig volumes, but not sure if he's convinced yet.
    I think that its a wonderful sounding stack and very portable hence its name...
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

2 of the same will provide a nice coupling effect, adding to the low end, and volume, of course. I'd pick one, and double up. It's a sure bet this way.
  4. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

If you do get a PF210 or two try stacking them with the speakers in a vertical orientation. That will give the best horizontal dispersion.