1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Who is the girl playing bass with Jeff Beck

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dano59, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

I pulled into a rest area to get some sleep and the only channel I could get on the flat screen was PBS. But it was a concert hosted by Bill Murry I think it might have been the crossroads festival in Chicago and Jeff Beck has a young curly hair woman playing bass with him. Who was that?
  2. kjpollo

kjpollo Supporting Member

Tal Wilkenfeld-I'm not sure if I spelled that right.
    She's in her early 20's and she's from Australia? NZ?

There's a terrific video of her with Jeff Beck that you can find on YouTube, she's freaking amazing!!!
  3. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I have the DVD of the Crossroads festival. The Jeff Beck set is one of my favorites. Tal is already so talented for being as young as she is. She's easy on the eyes too!:)
  4. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

I agree with the amazing and easy on the eyes.
  5. EddiePlaysBass

EddiePlaysBass

Her debut album is very, very good. AFAIK she wrote all of the material, and has some top session players to accompany her.
  6. lowendnoend

lowendnoend

I first saw Tal perform with the Allman Brothers about 4 years ago. Then a few years later I saw her again with Wayne Krantz at the 55 Bar. I'm not surprised that Jeff snatched her up. A player that young with such a great ear for music and a strong groove is a true find. She's truly a versatile player and her and Jeff seem to really have a great chemistry together. Check out this clip I found on youtube of her and Jeff playing bass together!

7. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

There are some great videos of her playing but I wish they had the bass out front a bit more in the mix.
  8. Fenderjazz21

Fenderjazz21

That would beTal Wilkenfeld.. a talent.. thats for sure.. 21.. and absolutely amazing.. she has an album out.. you should check it out... veryyyy jazzy..
  9. Valerus

Valerus

That is awesome! Two people, one bass
  10. Grank

Grank

11. jumbosilverette

jumbosilverette

Nice playing...and a good J-bra shot.
  12. Dano59

Dano59 Supporting Member

I was just looking through the new Bass Player (it's hard finding that mag) and her there she is, great picture. I will have to get her CD and check it out.