1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Who is Totally, Completely Happy with their Current Rig.....

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Baird6869, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

.... and are confident that GAS is gone for good?

I have personally bought and sold dozens of amps over the last 5 years and for the first time ever, I honestly think I am done.:hyper: I have said that before, but I honestly don't think I can get a better sound.

I love my rig and it nails that "tone in my head" that I have been looking for for 25+ years:hyper:

My rig consists of 2x Bergantino AE210 cabs (I only use one for small rooms) and a Jule Amps Monique preamp thru a Crest or Crown poweramp.

It just kills! Everything from metal to funk to blues to classic rock...

Anyone else confident that they won't be changing amps/cabs in the foreseeable future?

[​IMG]
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

GAS free? eh not quite.
    Do I think there is anything out there right now that is better for me right no? nope.

I still have GAS for different basses, and with I could try random pieces of boutique gear that I will never run across, but I am pretty content with what I have.
  3. kreider204

kreider204 Supporting Member

Yep, I'm good right now. Have been for a while, should be for the foreseable future. I think my playing / gigging situtation would have to change dramatically for me to feel the need for anything else.
  4. Duckwater

Duckwater

Straight to my band's PA, totally satisfied with my sound.
  5. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

No GASing here for Bass equipment. Fusion 550 and NEO412 or the 550 with a NEO212 II where the 412 won't fit.
    I want to load the mains with some 3015's, maybe move the 3015's from the subs and use some 3015LF's there. Foldbacks are getting a little aged.
  6. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

You mean for this week, right? ;)
  7. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

8. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

I am. Ampeg V4-b with custom LDS 2/15. Big enough for most gigs I play but when necessary I also have an SVT-CL and 810. I play mostly vintage style music so the vintage tone just appeals to me despite dealing with the shortcomings of antiquated technology.

[​IMG]
  9. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Love mine. My core rig is 2 Sadowskys, EBS Micro Bass 2 Pre and a Powered Bag End Q10BXD.

I have some pedals also. Only a couple of others I want mianly an EBS Phaser so if you got one for sale PM me.

I want a powered D10BXD mainly for in the house so I won't have to take the big one out of my truck all the time. In the case, it's pretty heavy.
  10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I could pretty well finish up life with what I have. If I were smart, I would. But I'm not so I'm ordering a Heritage SVT-CL and 810e ;)
  11. Baird6869

One needs a good bedroom practice amp too.:p;)
  12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Exactly!
  13. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Forever is a very long time but I have to say I'm the happiest I have ever been with my rig. Two GK Neo 112 cabs and a Shuttle 3.0 give me the ideal combination of portability, tone and power for my needs.
  14. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I don't have "a tone" in my head. Never have. I've never been unhappy with any amp combination I have used, because I've never had a problem getting sound out of them I'm happy with.

To me, that's a secret of being happy with amps - don't search for ONE sound, just find a sound that you CAN get and that you're happy with. Those are not the same thing.

I'm extremely happy with my Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0 / 12T speaker combo. It's very loud when called on, the tube pre-amp gives me nice tube OD when I want it, and I have a Shuttle 2x10 cab that I can connect when I've convinced myself that I need up to 600W to play with (I never really do, but it's fun to pretend.)

The combo is 36 pounds, the 210 is 32 pounds - my back is happy, the entire band loves the sound, and it's easy to transport. With Genz service behind me, I'm confident that I can use this system for years.

[​IMG]
  15. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

I use this for a practice amp/living room bling:

[​IMG]
  16. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Six years of reading TB tells me this thread will be good for laughs in 6-12 months.:bag:
  17. Baird6869

Absolutely!:D

I have sold a dozen+ basses "I will never sell" and more than a few rigs.

I might mean it this time!:D
  18. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

I am, I have had the same rig for going on 5 years. Yamaha PB1 preamp, QSC power amp and an SWR 210 cab. The SWR is a beast, so I am planning on building a BFM cab at some point to replace it, likely either a DR250, or a Jack 112 Lite. I don't need a ton of stage volume, as PA support is usually there when needed. IMO, the most important part of my rig is the Yamaha PB1, that thing would have to be cut from my cold, dead fingers; best $125 that I have ever spent.

lowsound
  19. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Heres what I'm 100% sure of never selling... & I promise

[​IMG]

The Bongo 5HH & the Sterling 5HH

[​IMG]

The Shuttlemax 9.2 stays, the best amp I've ever played by far love it.
    The GK NEO 412 may go due to size, same for the GK NEO 115s I have... but I have no immediate plans to dump em. Same for the Streamliner. Amp & Cab innovation has been too awesome lately, never say never in those areas!
  20. murphy

murphy

I am very happy with my Epifani UL410
    markbass SA450 ..
    or Alembic F2b and SWR stereo 800...but heavy amp combo...stays home

very happy with my Marcus Miller 5ver

Those new Berg cabs coming out????!!!!!! Hmmm
    Or Fearless......hmmmmm
    someday, but not a NEED