1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Who Makes Radiused Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Awesome Sauce, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

Which aftermarket manufacturers offer them nowadays? Looking for a Bart BC (1-1/4" x 4") or P2 (1-1/4 x 4-1/4") shape for 5 string, 12"r.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob
    :bassist:

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Carvin has radiused pickups that Brian Bromberg worked with them on. I do not know if they sell them aftermarket. I have seen a pair on the used market, but I do not know if Carvin only sent him news ones because he had a Carvin bass. I have no clue what those shapes are, so I do not know if they are the fit you are looking for. I have a pair, and I do enjoy them but they are a little to perfect, no real character to them. I suppose that could be the Carvin pre-amp too.

3. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

Thanks; forgot about Carvin. I'll check 'em out- they're in my Bookmarks after all. :oops:

Rob

4. Technotitclan

Technotitclan Lurking TB from work

The USA Barts that Ibanez uses for there prestige models is radiused I think. Might be able to custom order them or get some from Ibanez as a replacement part or used off someone that didn't want them. The latter is less likely to happen.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Bartolini are radiused inside, or you want the cosmetics also?

7. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce

^Yes. For smoother ramp/pickup transitioning.

Thanks to everyone so far. I'll look into Ibanez, and I did not know Barts were internally radiused; explains their tonal string balance.

Rob

8. emjazz

emjazz

Kent Armstrong will make them for you.

9. aikibass

aikibass Supporting Member

Peavey's Cirrus pickups were radiused. I believe they now use USA radiused Cirrus pickups in the BXP Millennium series, which are imports, and can often be found used for a couple of hundred bucks - not much more (if any) than a set of pickups by themselves. Having said that - in the back of my mind there's something floating around about Peavey's active systems - like maybe the pickups are active like EMGs????? I can't remember.