Who Makes Radiused Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Awesome Sauce, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Supporting Member

Which aftermarket manufacturers offer them nowadays? Looking for a Bart BC (1-1/4" x 4") or P2 (1-1/4 x 4-1/4") shape for 5 string, 12"r.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob
    :bassist:
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Carvin has radiused pickups that Brian Bromberg worked with them on. I do not know if they sell them aftermarket. I have seen a pair on the used market, but I do not know if Carvin only sent him news ones because he had a Carvin bass. I have no clue what those shapes are, so I do not know if they are the fit you are looking for. I have a pair, and I do enjoy them but they are a little to perfect, no real character to them. I suppose that could be the Carvin pre-amp too.
  3. Awesome Sauce

Thanks; forgot about Carvin. I'll check 'em out- they're in my Bookmarks after all. :oops:

Rob
  4. Technotitclan

Technotitclan Lurking TB from work

The USA Barts that Ibanez uses for there prestige models is radiused I think. Might be able to custom order them or get some from Ibanez as a replacement part or used off someone that didn't want them. The latter is less likely to happen.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

Bartolini are radiused inside, or you want the cosmetics also?
  7. Awesome Sauce

^Yes. For smoother ramp/pickup transitioning.

Thanks to everyone so far. I'll look into Ibanez, and I did not know Barts were internally radiused; explains their tonal string balance.

Rob
  8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Kent Armstrong will make them for you.
  9. aikibass

aikibass

Peavey's Cirrus pickups were radiused. I believe they now use USA radiused Cirrus pickups in the BXP Millennium series, which are imports, and can often be found used for a couple of hundred bucks - not much more (if any) than a set of pickups by themselves. Having said that - in the back of my mind there's something floating around about Peavey's active systems - like maybe the pickups are active like EMGs????? I can't remember.