1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Who owns or has played a 2000 - 2005 Fender Deluxe FMT V?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mjcoderre, Dec 17, 2012.

1. mjcoderre

mjcoderre

I'm interested in what people have to say about these basses. To me it looks like it represents the best of old school/new school kind of vibe. It also seems like it has a lot of tonal variations. I'm interested in feedback on this particular model so if anyone has anything to say about it...please do.

Thanks!
  2. mjcoderre

mjcoderre

Really? 120 views and no one has played one? lol.
  3. Basdyret

Basdyret Gold Supporting Member

I used to own a QMT V, probably the model you are talking about?

Here's a few pics, my camera wasn't great back then:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a great bass, played smoothly with a silky neck, and it sounded great.

I sold it because I bought a Skjold and started getting into customs, but it was the best Fender I've ever touched. Cost a fortune as well.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I own this one. Believe it or not, this is an FMT. It's an early one that was built when FMT stood for "figured maple top." Fender subsequently made the differentiation of the QMT, presumably to avoid confusion. It's probably the best-playing and best-sounding Fender I've owned (out of six or so). It doesn't give anything up to my Laklands or Sadowskys in playability and sound, and is just a hair behind in fit and finish.

[​IMG]
  5. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

I've never played one, but I do have something to say about it...

WOW! :cool:
  6. mjcoderre

mjcoderre

Thanks, I've been considering getting one for awhile and I've always liked them. I hear consistently very good comments on them, but I've never played one. I wanted a bass that wasn't too boutique because I'm always concerned about bringing my Fodera out to my gigs. It would be nice to have a bass like the FMT where you don't sacrifice tone or aesthetics, fit and finish. I just know that I wouldn't be able to easily get another Fodera again if anything should happen.

I appreciate the comments!
  7. Buster Brown

Buster Brown

Yep, I used to own the QMT model myself, (The "Quilted Maple Top"- Hell looked EXACTLY like Munji's ) Beautifully crafted bass. I loved it's fit and finish, they were perfect.

Unfortunately, I came to the realization that active basses just weren't for me and I sold it to a friend of mine at the studio. He plays it regularly and still has nothing but praise for it. ;)
  8. James L

James L

I had one. Great bass. I wish I still had it.
  9. lostrings

lostrings Supporting Member

This is a 2002 model. Absolutely one of the finest Fenders I have ever owned.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This one looks enough like mine that I'm worried they might be Foto Flame[SUP]®[/SUP].