1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Who Paints Lakland Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sandwich5027, Feb 19, 2014.

1. sandwich5027

sandwich5027 Supporting Member

Do they do in house, or through a separate Company? The reason I ask is, I ordered a sea foam green 51 P bass with small flake but I can't find a good picture of their SFG to get an idea of what that actually looks like. It's not a candy finish, it's just a normal sea foam green paint process with flake added...is that considered metallic finish or no, just a SFG paint with flakes, like it is haha....sorry when it comes to paints, I'm clueless.

oh and does lakland use 1 or 2 coats of clear on their guitars?

Thanks for any answers!
  2. LightGroove

LightGroove

3. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

I believe Pat Wilkins does the US models.
  4. funkyebk

funkyebk Supporting Member

Confirmed. Pat Wilkins.