1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Who plays bass for Lenny Kravitz?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Disco_Gee

Disco_Gee

Anyone know who plays bass for Lenny Kravitz? Some of his tracks have some sweet bass lines.
  2. Kickin'Fruit

Kickin'Fruit

He plays his own bass, drums and guitar. But he plays everyone else's songs.
  3. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

+1
  4. Disco_Gee

Disco_Gee

Really? So he plays all the instruments, but someone else actually writes the songs?
  5. sfisher

sfisher

I think it's Jack Daley actually, and he plays bass on Joss Stone's Soul Sessions too.
  6. superbassman2000

superbassman2000

yeah, live its jack daley...he doesn't play all bass/guitar/drums live :)

studio its lenny though...

i really like jack. he's got the perfect vibe for lenny and also for joss stone's first cd :) i am not sure about the new joss stone cds, i haven't heard them but i heard that she is falling into the pit of mediocrity by trying to do songs that are written for brittney spears and the rest
  7. bassist15

bassist15

Kravitz plays most all instruments in studio . DAley and KRavit's guitarist sometimes play on a track or two. But Kravitz is very good at bass , drums , and of course guitar. JAck DAley plays live and is a superb talent on the bass.
  8. bassist15

bassist15

Kravitz plays most all instruments in studio . DAley and KRavit's guitarist sometimes play on a track or two. But Kravitz is very good at bass , drums , and of course guitar. JAck DAley plays live and is a superb talent on the bass. Kravitz plays vintage Pbass with flats. He also owns a huge Ashdown bass rig . Daley plays fenders and also has a gigantic ashdown rig
  9. Kickin'Fruit

Kickin'Fruit

Prince is better at that.
  10. MinorPentatonic

MinorPentatonic

Dude, I think Lenny Kravitz plays bass himself on many recordings. I don't know who his live bassist is though.
  11. Zakk007

Zakk007

Jack Daley;)
  12. superbassman2000

superbassman2000

this was an entertaining albeit redundant post:)
  13. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:
    HI

Its Jack Daley, of course. A fellow upstate NYer!! and all around cool guy. His brother is a great guitarist, too

Rob
  14. middlebit

middlebit

Hey, you guys heard of Jack Daley? He plays bass on the live stuff.
    :help:
  15. Headroom

Headroom Supporting Member

Cloning technology hasn't progressed to the point where the all-Kravitz band can hit the road.
  16. superbassman2000

superbassman2000

wait guys, i think you are all wrong...i hear it's this guy named jack daley...
  17. WJGreer

WJGreer

I think the comment was meant to indicate that Kravitz' music tends to sound heavily derivative of his influences. Example - Are You Gonna Go My Way would have been right at home on any Hendrix album.
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

The album with Fly away (I hate that song) is AMAZING! I honestly love that album. It's a guilty pleasure, but this was before he wrote garbagey garage rock and cheese ballads. He's got a couple on this one, but it's really funky!
  19. Jboogie

Jboogie

He's gets accused of that a lot. Off the top of my head he used Prince's Wherever U Go from Prince's Rave album as a inspiration for his song Again.
  20. omnimutant

omnimutant

He has his fair share of covers too. But I think mainly people mean his songs sound a lot like other peoples stuff.