Whoa!!! RockBass StarBass???

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by willyrep, Jan 24, 2013.

1. willyrep

willyrep

2. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

They look pretty cool, don't they?

Don't worry. Someone will be back manning these threads as soon as the hectic NAMM schedule eases off.
  3. Basshappi

Basshappi

And available left handed too!
  4. 4OnTheFloor

4OnTheFloor

It's a rosewood FB with nickelsilver frets coming from China? The ones from Korea from 2012 and before are wenge/brass and 34" scale 4-string. I have a 4 string from June 2012 ProSeries Korea and it is a really nice instrument. If it matters whether you want wenge over rosewood you can probably find one of the "older" ones from eBay. I know you said you want a 5 string so scale length won't change, but the FB/fret option is different. Just FYI and I imagine some people will prefer rosewood and nickel medium scale 4 string anyway! Great Great Bass, really liking it so far.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassalien

bassalien

Disclosures:
    Owner, Bass Alien
    I was told April for the new models as far as an ETA.
  7. willyrep

willyrep

Awesome news! Hopefully the approaching Mardi Gras and Superbowl season will put some extra cash in my pockets for one of these babies.
  8. EagleMoon

EagleMoon

That Daphne blue one is gorgeous. I saw a pic of one at NAMM and immediately wanted it. :)
  9. sevdog

sevdog

ohhhhhhh, that gives me GAS pains. What's $1699 msrp look like on the street?
  10. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nice, but from the name I was hoping for a Bootsy bass...
  11. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    The Rockbass Star Bass was a hit at NAMM 2013! They should be available in April, and we feel they represent an incredible value, with superb quality! Please let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!
  12. EagleMoon

EagleMoon

I just hope they're priced reasonably. A Rockbass shouldn't be priced much over $500, IMO.
  13. bohr

bohr

Hey everyone, first post in here so forgive me if im breaking some kind of unwritten (or written?!) rule:
    Looking for a starbass and wondering what's the difference between the new rockbass and the korean pro series. Besides beeing made in China. Is the pricediffrence only because of cheaper labour? Im living in denmark so its all quite expensive but can get a new rockbass for 1000 dollars and the korean pro series for 1400 dollars. Im on a bugdet so unless there's big difference i would prefer the cheaper one. Tried the korean but cant find the chinese in any store.
    Thanks for your help.
  14. schlobodan

schlobodan

rockbass: rosewood fb and nickel silver frets medium scale on 4 string
    pro series: wenge fb and bell brass frets long scale

Thomann lists the pro series 5ers for 848 eur
  15. bohr

bohr

well, was thinking maybe someone tried them both. Are they of the same quality? Also thomann doesnt sell the pro series anymore and the danish thomann list the rockbass version to 811 euro. but thanks for the reply.
  16. schlobodan

schlobodan

17. bohr

bohr

that might be but as I said the danish shop doesnt. Anyway im asking for help if someone tried the chinese and can say something about the quality compared to the korean ones. Seems like you are just trying to make a point.
  18. bohr

bohr

well sorry for being to quick. Its is also in the danish thomann just listed as star bass instead of starbass. anyway, im looking for a 4 string with frets.
  19. Mjinsk

Mjinsk

Did anyone try the Starbass 5?
    How did it sound? Was the 5th string ok?
  20. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

I think the Chinese star only comes in a 4 at 32 inch scale; I doubt they would make a 5 in 32...
    I have a Korean 5 and the B isn't too bad-pillowy but useable. not as bad as the B on some basses.
  21. Mjinsk

Mjinsk

Rockbass also makes some 5 strings star basses, with a 34 inch scale.