Whom would you wanna hang out with?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bio-Bassist, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Bio-Bassist

Bio-Bassist

Now whom would you wanna spend a day with? It doesn't exactly have to be a bassist, or if they're dead or not, and kinda more bassed on their personality rather then just their playing style or whatever. But for me it would've have to have been John Entwistle and Keith Moon definately for the dead part of it, but alive ones would be,
    Victor Wooten, cause he seems just like a cool dude to hang with.
    Les Claypool, cause he's friggin out there and awesome, and go fishing with him as well
    Now what about ya'll?
  2. Bio-Bassist

Bio-Bassist

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Bruce Swedien
    Tom Dowd (R.I.P.)
    Don Was
    David Bowie
    Will Lee
    Tom Scholz
    Lee Sklar
  4. Igotsoul4u

Igotsoul4u

1. Les Claypool. Personality wise, les has to be a hoot. I wanna see him play up close and I love fishin. I would also make a run for ler's job. I think i could do it better :)

2. Geddy Lee. I just want to meet him and thank him.

3. Victor Wooton.

4. Flea because he is staring at me on the left side of my screen in a GK ad. We are the same....hyper, gap toothed, trumpet playing, music man thumpin, GK rumblin, small bassists :hyper:
  5. Emilym80

Emilym80

John Lyndon (Johnny Rotten)- I don't even like the Sex Pistols, or punk for that matter, but he seems like he'd be a real hoot. Provided he doesn't think you're stupid :/
    As for bassists, I'd want to hang out with my main influences and thank them and talk to them about how they played/play bass-
    Geddy Lee- I'd just want to thank him, particularly for using so many low-high open and 7th fret e (the note)s, so many pairs of sixteenth notes and so many variations on a descending scale in d. :D anyway...
    Jaco- I'd like to chat to him for a bit about composition and soloing. Then I'd want to talk to guys like John Paul Jones, Jack Bruce and, in particular Mick Grondahl, Chris Squire and Mike Rutherford and ask them how the hell they came up with some of their lines.
    So there you have it :bassist:
  6. Bio-Bassist

Bio-Bassist

nice choices everyone, i wonder whom else there be for me as well, I also would like to hang out with Lemmy and just hear about all the **** he's done!
  7. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Jimi Hendrix. I'd like to just get some kind of sense of his genius that you can't already get from his music. I'd love to hear about how he approached his music and sounds.

And he was one heck of a bassist actually!

On the bass side though, Adam Nitti is one cool dude. I met him at a bass clinic in Atlanta once but I'd love to chill with him and talk bass and technique and stuff. He's one of my current favorite bassists in an ever changing and expanding list of favorites! :D
  8. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

I think Bono, to get some of his insights on faith, vocals and lyrics, Geddy Lee since he's kind of my bass hero. Definitely Peter Gabriel (same reasons as Bono), Hendrix, to converse with a genius before his untimely death, and probably Roger Waters, once more to talk lyrics, but also to get some advice on the really cool quick walks that are kind of a signature of his playing.
  9. mebusdriver

mebusdriver

Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins.
  10. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Leon Sylvers, to see if he can remember stories about being in my father's science class at Markum Jr High
  11. Bio-Bassist

Bio-Bassist

12. esa372

esa372 Supporting Member

13. Bio-Bassist

Bio-Bassist

14. Teknoman

Teknoman

Robert Fripp and Bill Bruford so I can Lerner proper English!lmfaok:hyper:
  15. BassDoc51

BassDoc51

Lemmy and Michael Anthony
  16. Teknoman

Teknoman

Seriously Fripp ,Bruford,Alan Holdsworth,Marco Minnemann(uber drummer)and finally Trey Gunn.
  17. meatwad

meatwad Supporting Member

Geezer Butler
    Paul D'Amour
    Cameron Diaz
  18. Bio-Bassist

Bio-Bassist

Cameron Diaz? O.O
  19. Bio-Bassist

Bio-Bassist

20. Zoa

Zoa

I've never heard of bump, but he (she?)'s been nominated more often than anyone else. . .how have I missed him? Educate me?