1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Who's Got a CABRONITA?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lowbrow, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

I would really really dig it if I can get a real idea what this bass sounds like; the FMI demos on YouTube are so processed that they are hard to judge.
    Would love it if an owner could plug it straight into a DAW interface and post a sound clip; a bit of fingers, a bit of pick!
    Thanks in advance to anyone taking the trouble.
  2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:

I'm with you.
    Gassing hard for a Cabronita myself.
  3. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Bump - someone here has got to be able to give us some aural insight.
  4. PluckyThump

PluckyThump Supporting Member

I don't own one but I did take one for a spin at a local music store. Was playing it through a Markbass LM Tube/Markbass 2x10, tube off, everything flat. My impression - it's an old-school fuzzy/muddy sort of axe, good for country & roots. If you want clarity and articulation, forget it. It's the kind of bass that doesn't need a tone control, just dime it and leave it, there isn't enough brightness there to worry about. Not a whole lot of bottom either, though that might be the cab. This particular one was nice and light but slightly neck-heavy. The neck is very round and thick, not like a modern P at all. It was not setup well from the factory, too much relief and the intonation was off.