1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Who's trying to lose weight this year??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Dec 31, 2012.

1. tplyons

tplyons

I'll admit I'm one of them. For those who don't know, www.loseit.com has a social feature allowing people to see each other's progress. Log your food and exercise and weigh in from time to time.

I'm signing back up now. Who's with me?

Trying to lose 34 lbs. by bikini season.

2. zachoff

zachoff

I dropped 20 last year and am looking for another 15 this year. It'll be my first time under 200lbs in 14 or 15 years.

One thing I learned this year... If you're a lifter, running will help you cut weight. If you're a runner, lifting will help you cut weight. But what you eat (and drink) and don't eat (and drink) makes the most difference. Good luck, man. :bassist:

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

There is always weight to take off, the adventure continues! :hyper:

4. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

My resolution is to actually keep weight off. I've lost 80+lbs since November 2011.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. shackled

shackled

Yep. I need to lose 10 lbs. It shouldn't be too bad.

7. funkybass

funkybass

I need to lose 80 lbs.

8. tplyons

tplyons

So who's up for making this a bit more social? Sign up and we can lose together!

iPhone apps are a glorious thing!

9. giacomini

giacomini Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    Lost 17.74 pounds (I HATE to convert kg in pounds, but anyway...) from september to december in 2012.

My goal is to lose more 4.41 pounds (again, it would look a lot better in kg...) by january or february 2013.

PS: Did I mention that I hate to convert kg to pounds??? :atoz:

10. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93

I'd be good to lose 15 lbs or so, nothing too hard. I've got some summer gigs that would benefit from me looking a little healthier... No coats to help hide it then :/

11. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Dropped 35 over about 4 months! Looking to lose another 60 or so before the year's out! Was doing prety well today... till I got drunk.

12. Mike M.

Mike M.

Just weighed myself....182 pounds. Not too bad for a 59 year old, but I admit that I sure could use a good, general toning up. If I could get rid of the "jiggles" and get the weight at around 170 I'd be pretty happy with that.

13. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Lost close to 50 lbs last year in like a 7-month span...then hit a plateau. Looking to lose another 40! This beer I'm holding at the moment ain't helpin...

14. darius8

darius8

I do know for a fact, and this is from experience, you don't have to exercise or lift to lose weight.
    A couple of years ago I had jaw surgery and had to get my mouth wired shut. For 30 days, I was on a liquid diet and I lost 20 lbs. And during those 30 days I did nothing but sleep, play xbox360, sleep, drink fatning liquidfied food, watch dvd's, and more sleep.

Here's a sample of stuff I drank:

melted ice cream (more like a milk shake without the milk)
    thinned mash potatoes with lots of sour cream and milk
    protein shakes (vanilla, chocolate, cookies-n-cream)
    bean soup with sour cream
    tomatoe soup with sour cream
    yogurt thinned with whole milk
    grape juice
    whole milk with almond extract and sugar

I was on a 2500 - 3000 calorie diet, with no exercise, and I still lost weight. I went from 170 to 150 lbs and now I'm at 160.

Liquid diets work!

15. Sequimite

Sequimite

I just signed up for LoseIt. I need to drop 80 pounds.

edit - After trying both I'm using myfitnesspal

16. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Yep. I'm looking to drop 72lbs before 2013 is out.

17. paradog

paradog

I'm heading to lose 40+ with the help of myfitnesspal.com. I'm under the same username if you want to find me

18. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

Count my fat ass in. I'd be happy 25lbs lighter and my back problems should be happier as well. I quit drinking after Thanksgiving, so that was a start.

For anyone with back injuries: What cardio do you do to keep weight off? I thought swimming was going to be the answer, so I started physical therapy in the pool, and they advised me not to swim regularly for cardio.

19. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

I've added you :)

If anyone else wants to add me on there, I'm EvilUndead

20. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

I lost 15 kg, 2 years ago! :hyper:

I started with eating healthier : Less sugar, fat, salt etc.
    Besides the food, I've been riding on my bicycle to work, 7 weeks in a row. 10 km forth, 10 km back (so that makes it 100 km per week).

I lost 15 kg, the trousers I buy, are 2 sizes smaller then I used to wear and my shirt size shrunk with 1 size, I feel healthier, my stamina went up and I enjoy life more, since I'm so happy that after 2 years, I still weigh 72 kg, still have the same clothing size and still have a good stamima :hyper:

21. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Going to try and drop 50lbs+ (~23Kg) over the course of the year. Going to try and keep away from specific numbers beyond that and go til I'm happy. Need to lose all the extra weight gained while studying!