Why are there so many advertisements about playing guitar?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thomas Kievit, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

I've noticed lately that I see a lot of advertisements on websites about becoming a better guitar player, getting started as an guitar player or even things like Riffstation (or whatever it's called).

Maybe I don't see the right advertisements, but why isn't this the case for bass guitar? Not enough interest by people?
  2. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

bass is the bastard child of the rock band thing it still have that "failed guitarist" stigma to it.

You either be a guitarist, a drummer or you sing ... everything else isn't interesting.

This is why I do everything I can to not play style of music who consider bass the root thingy or the instrument on which everyone sit on top. This is why I like, classical, jazz and some style of metal so much, bass is more than a background noise.
  3. Hues

Hues

Why does Randy Jackson, of American Idol fame, and someone who's main life-long profession has been as a bass player, come out with his own line of guitars?(two acoustics and one of the cheesiest looking solid-body in modern times)..And No bass.

Guitar is an all-in-one type of instrument, and where the most money is.
  4. Hues

Hues

The Home Shopping Channel is ,at this moment, spending the next two hours selling these things.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Funny I see them. Remember google bots are reading my email, my time on the net and what I search on Amazon and YouTube. So half of the stuff is aimed at my wife and the other half at me. I don't think they can distinguish yet which one of us is on the computer at any given moment. Or they think I am buying shoes while searching for quartet singing groups.
  7. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa

Bass is also a all-in-one type of instrument but people get stuck about the function instead of just use it as a tool that sound low.