1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

why are these mass murders on the rise?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SolarMan, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

I know why - and it is a dirty secret.

The drug class known as "SSRI's" have a rare but incomprehensible side affect. They can cause suicidal "rage" - no note, no planning, etc...just - "hey, this is what I need to do - NOW"

Some sublimate the suicide rage into homicidal rage - and the rage tones done as the planning phase is executed, and then comes right back with conviction. These people "know" that this has to be done while at the same time knowing that it is wrong. The drug gives them the power to rise above this conflict and act out.

I know these drugs have helped millions of people, so don't take personal offense. I agree they do a lot of good.

But people need to know this about these drugs.

Think about it - a drug to make people happy should benefit the entire population - "Thanks! Have a Great Day!"

These drugs don't make the cashier at walmart any more friendly, but they could send him into homocidal rage.

2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Is lexapro ssri? I took that **** once. Bad trip really bad.

3. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life. Supporting Member

Media:
  4. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

Soooo.... Link to where all these shooters were taking it?

And on a smart ass note (that wasn't^) I'm pretty sure these things happened BEFORE the drug was invented too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

7. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

That's completely incoherent.

8. MuinXing

MuinXing

Society has become more detached and in personal. It's no surprise, in japan they have high rates of suicide among teens that are isolated, in america's gun culture mass killing are the norm.

9. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

How do you stop this ****. Not this discussion, but this killing spree bull ****ing ****.

10. Makatak

Makatak

" Only in America " ??

11. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

How about we as a society stop stigmatizing people with mental disorders.
    How about we stop assuming that there's a pill for everything, and if you keep at it long enough, you'll find a pill or a combination of pills to make you happy.
    How about we stop drugging our kids and pretending its parenting.
    How about we make a concerted effort to research and create effective therapy methods for people with emotional problems or developmental issues.
    How about we stop making depressed people feel like slovenly beasts or lazy sociopaths.
    How about we stop blaming evil deeds on everyone but the evildoer, or on the inanimate objects they use to do evil.

Not "only" in America, but definitely mostly in America.

12. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Yes, it's all a big Pharma conspiracy.

Nothing at all to do with the mentally unhinged who are mainly left to their own devices, if something happens, it has to be the meds, not the person pulling the trigger. :rollno:

13. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

Not to derail, but what the heck is your avatar, Chuck? A spider?

14. john_martin_sai

john_martin_sai

15. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Two flies doing it. What else.

16. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

Are you an "Internet Entomologist Sexologist taking SSRI's" by any chance? :bag:

17. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Heard several "experts" on NPR and the networks stating that this type of violence is not statistically "on the rise." If they are to be believed, I think that media saturation of these events likely gives the illusion that horrific acts of violence are becoming more common.

Access to highly effective weapons and access to info on the web on how to pull off these crimes probably makes the death toll higher as well which adds to the sensationalism of the event.

It's clear to me that the only chance we have in stopping murderous rampages lies in developing better mental health practices.

18. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

A threesome, two flies and a spider.... :cool:

19. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

^^ It is true. Gun ownership (per capita) has increased steadily over the past 20 years, and gun-related deaths (per capita) have decreased. Statistics are very clear on that point.

20. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Back to the question--more exposure to this bad news and copycats that come from it, more access to weapons for all, including crazy people, and less value--of himself obviously but no regard in the most grotesque sense, for others.
    My heart goes out to the families. This is so awful.
    So if every adult in the USA walks around wih a gun do you think they can stop the bad-guys with guns? Millions of people with guns what do you think is going to happen? I see the flaw in my statement but imagine it.
    In Israel they throw rocks.

21. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Well...in theory if everyone had a gun, the problem would kinda sorta work itself out in time. Just my opinion is all.

Frankly, I'd rather there be more attention paid to mental health issues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.