1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

"Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?"

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by HereIGoAgain, Nov 20, 2012.

1. HereIGoAgain

HereIGoAgain

Eric Lindsherr/Magneto in "X-Men" said that famous line. It does remind me a bit of bass guitar discussions.

"Should I quit my band?" If you're asking, you probably should.

"Should I found my own band?" Again, you probably should, especially if you asked the previous question.

"My band fired me out of the blue at the top of our game. Was there a reason or are they just jerks?" Hey, "if ain't broke, don't fix it" applies to performance too, so they're most likely jerks.

"Will people get upset if I use a pick?" Only those on Talkbass. :D

"What's the best bass/amp/pedal/strings for praise and worship?" Whatever you want to use or already have.

"Why are Yellow Freight trucks orange?" They are orange because the guy who founded Yellow Freight wanted the safest trucks on the road. He was also friends with JJ DuPont, whom he asked "What color is visible from the farthest distance away?" DuPont said "That's easy. Swamp Hollow Orange." (Well, you may or may not have known that.)

"Am I too old to rock out?" Not according to Tony Iommi, Charlie Watts, BB King, Chuck Berry, Leonard Cohen, Jimmy Page, or Brian May.

"Is craigslist a good place to find band members?" Well, in theory it is....

"Is this thread supposed to be funny?" Actually, yeah, it is. :D
  2. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Will you get crucified for asking about fake Fender decals? Indeed you will.

Should he go out with her? Probably not.

Is micromanaging your kid's band a good idea? Nope.
  3. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

If you ask the internet for advice... then expect a "yes" generally speaking...;)
  4. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Are Alembics worth the money?
    I keep blowing my cabs do you think my amp head is too powerful?
    Am I too old to learn bass?
  5. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

What's the best pick ?
    What's the best Jazz pickup?
    I don't get along with my band members should I stay?
  6. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

I had an attorney tell me that a good attorney never asks a question that he doesn't already know the answer to. In that context, at least, I tend to believe it.
  7. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

"WHAT IS THE BEST BASS FOR METAL???"
  8. WokenDeer

WokenDeer

Lol especially with all the already asked questions. You want someone's opinion, it's been asked. Google: life's search feature :p
  9. droo46

droo46

Validation.
  10. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

I'm a teacher. It's my job to ask questions to which I know the answer...mostly.
  11. deepBassie

deepBassie

"Is it a good idea to date someone in my band?"
  12. HereIGoAgain

HereIGoAgain

Sure. Go for it. After all, it worked so well for Mick Fleetwood. :bag:
  13. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Don't be ludicrous Supporting Member

"Why do people like those atrocious looking relics? Are these people just hipsters trying to look cool?"

"Why is everyone so pissed off, now?"

:D