1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Why does my low E...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Natman, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Natman

Natman

...Sound like it has a chorus pedal on? I just put Fralins in it, could that have something to do with it like "stratitis" or something? FWIW using medium Chromes.
  2. bungletrpg

bungletrpg Supporting Member

Maybe the pickups are too close to the strings?
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Also make sure your string is not twisted.
  4. Geri O

Geri O

See if the nut is cut wide enough for the E string to fit in properly.
  5. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

+1
  6. Major Softie

Major Softie

My first thought as well.
  7. Bassisgood4U

Bassisgood4U

Sounds like a harmonics problem to me. Is the E string saddle up pretty high?
  8. Natman

Natman

Thanks guys, I found that the string was twisted and after straightening the ball end, it was much better. I'll tweak pickup heights later today. Saddles & intonation are ok.

For sure the nut isn't cut right for the strings and it needs a proper setup, but it's a pretty cheap bass so I'm not in a hurry to put more money into it.