Why get good rig just to play through a DI?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Nihilism, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Nihilism

Nihilism

I've been pondering with this question. I bought a TH500 (soon buying a cab) because I liked the sound of it and because we had a lot of gigging to do so I figured I might aswell get that.
    Thing is, every club I brought it to would not use it, saying there's no use since I'll be playing through a DI and not micing a cab.
    So, what's the point of getting a TH500? Even more, what's the point of getting a decent cab if if it will only act as a stage monitor?
    I could just replace the TH with a preamp pedal, and buy some cheap rig for practicing at home, right?

Sorry for the long post =)
  2. MrTaff

MrTaff

I gave up using an amp a while ago for the same reason now I just going straight out of Zoom B3 into the mixer & at home I use headphones, certainly makes life easier when you don't need to transport a head & cabs everywhere.
  3. pedroims

pedroims

You still need monitors, you have three options: use your amp/cab, use in ear, use the wedges or whatever they give you, this where your gear come in place.
  4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Wasn't a thread with this exact title in the "Amps" forum last week (where it properly belongs)?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Yup.
  7. Mushroo

Mushroo

It's a waste of money IMHO; a solid inexpensive amp like Peavey will do you just fine until your band gets big enough that you can run your own sound at shows.
  8. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member