1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Why I hate reading last weeks newspapers.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Jan 27, 2014.

1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

:scowl: So I pick up last Fridays paper to check out the weekends entertainment section.The Wailers led by Aston "Family Man" Barret were at First Avenue playing the album "Legend" in its entirety to mark its 30th anniversary. Tickets were only 20 bucks. :atoz::bawl:
  2. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

I don't think newspapers need to exist anymore. They're a waste of paper.
  3. ZenG

ZenG

I love the enjoyment of reading big weekend newspapers....you can savor and relish the tangible experience..

Just like real books......I'll take a real book over reading an electronic book on a screen anyday.

There's something about real newspapers and books that

electronica does not replicate.......
  4. letsrumble

letsrumble

Often, I find that today's newspaper is outdated. The "news" is usually 2 days old.
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I read my paper every day, I really do not want to wake up to a backlit screen.

If people stop consuming paper, tree farms go the way of the dinosaur, so we get less trees. A paper industry is not the worst thing in the world, people's negligence in recycling is the bigger problem. Plus, newspaper works better than anything else when cleaning glass ;)
  6. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

Yep. A thousand times, yep.
  7. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Supporting Member

Lined the bottom of the bird cage with the internet but the bird hated it.

I went back to newspaper
  8. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

I keep the screen brightness way down and always read with plenty of good lighting, but still a valid point about the trees.