Why is craigslist so ridiculous

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassinplace, Nov 26, 2013.

1. bassinplace

bassinplace

I don't go on there much because most of the ads I see strike me as just downright goofy. This one takes the cake though for one of the goofiest I've seen in a while, so I felt compelled to share. Might have been intended for a singles site, I'm not sure...:rolleyes:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/muc/4209407480.html

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

It works well for me. Maybe you just live where there are lots of odd people on Craigslist.

Wait - I see it's Orange County....asked and answered.

3. bassinplace

bassinplace

I can't really refute that. The people here would've driven me out long ago if the place wasn't just so freakin' majestic. :cool:

4. Garyth

Garyth Now What ..?

because ... people.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

That is exactly the way I would write a looking for band members add were I to write one.

And if I were looking for a band, lived in OC, and didn't think the listed bands suck, I would be replying to this.

7. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

8. Against Will

Against Will

Craigslist is wild, there was a period when I lived in Baltimore where the Musicians section was full of two or three people posting want ads that turned into rants against their old bands.

i.e.:

"Looking for drummer whose cool and won't sell out ppl he says r his friends cuz his girlfriend's a ho and he doesn't know real metal if it bit him in the azzzzzz."

"Bassist must be clean not pretend he's off drugs and their steal all our s**t to get high with crack whores."

etc. etc.

9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

10. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Half the people you will meet in any one day will have an IQ of less than 100.

11. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

You mean terrible (CL) spelling, and grammer at the level of a third or fourth grade kid? Are you talking about grainy, out of focus cellphone photos worse than those made by a $3 camera built in the 1950's?

12. bassinplace

bassinplace

Yup.

Not sure if serious...

All that. It was the "let's f musically" part that just slayed me. Is he kidding? Lol!

13. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

Perfectly serious. The "let's f musically" is when I knew it would be a perfect match.

Maybe its a generational thing, but everyone I know in bands is at least familiar and accepting of the term, if they do not use it themselves. It's been a staple of my main band's rhetoric since its inception.

As to the rest of it: there's a few threads floating at the moment about how ads looking for serious, dedicated, and well grounded individuals all come off as sounding pretentious. This ad managed to communicate all three requirements while sufficiently illustrating, to me at least, that the members involved all possessed those qualities themselves, all while sounding neither pretentious nor overly aloof.