1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Why so expensive??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by avvie, Jan 19, 2013.

1. avvie

avvie Supporting Member

So I have a vintage 1980's Ibanez BP10 compressor. I'm surfing around EBay and see them being sold for $175 and up. Ibanez product sites say it's not very collectable, and Bongo's compressor reviews says it's another Ross clone with one capacitor switched out. I listed mine for that price once and got no bids.

So whassupwidat? Is this a case of people taking advantage of others with the "vintage' label or is there a value to this pedal which I can't see?
  2. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Did those pedals have any bids on them? Just because they're being sold at that price, doesn't mean they're worth it, or that anyone is buying.

Watch a couple of them and make sure they are actually selling at that price, not just listed at that price.
  3. avvie

avvie Supporting Member

That's a good point. One is listed only as a BuyItNow for $175, the other lists for $199 with 3 expired offers from as far back as 2011. Maybe I'm just seeing the same one over and over and the seller is a moron who thinks it's a tube screamer.
  4. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

5. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Big difference between listed price and sell price. You can list an item for a million dollars, it doesn't mean that people will pay it. Always look at what similar items have sold for.
  6. avvie

avvie Supporting Member

Right on. i just figured those listed prices were coming from somewhere...Since i own one I know they couldn't be worth MXR M87 money.
  7. icecycle66

icecycle66

8. metaball

metaball

delusional fantasies.
    :eyebrow:
  9. taurus1

taurus1

it's a great compressor, the pcb mounted jacks are a real letdown though.