1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Why so expensive??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by avvie, Jan 19, 2013.

1. avvie

avvie

So I have a vintage 1980's Ibanez BP10 compressor. I'm surfing around EBay and see them being sold for $175 and up. Ibanez product sites say it's not very collectable, and Bongo's compressor reviews says it's another Ross clone with one capacitor switched out. I listed mine for that price once and got no bids.

So whassupwidat? Is this a case of people taking advantage of others with the "vintage' label or is there a value to this pedal which I can't see?

2. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Did those pedals have any bids on them? Just because they're being sold at that price, doesn't mean they're worth it, or that anyone is buying.

Watch a couple of them and make sure they are actually selling at that price, not just listed at that price.

3. avvie

avvie

That's a good point. One is listed only as a BuyItNow for $175, the other lists for $199 with 3 expired offers from as far back as 2011. Maybe I'm just seeing the same one over and over and the seller is a moron who thinks it's a tube screamer.

4. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Big difference between listed price and sell price. You can list an item for a million dollars, it doesn't mean that people will pay it. Always look at what similar items have sold for.

7. avvie

avvie

Right on. i just figured those listed prices were coming from somewhere...Since i own one I know they couldn't be worth MXR M87 money.

8. icecycle66

icecycle66

9. metaball

metaball

delusional fantasies.
    :eyebrow:

10. taurus1

taurus1

it's a great compressor, the pcb mounted jacks are a real letdown though.