Wife bought me a cab!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by HooBass, Dec 9, 2012.

1. HooBass

HooBass

Nice to have a wife brave enough to buy me some serious gear! Yeah, I gave her all the details (actually I forgot to specify the ohms, but she knew to come back to me and ask about this).

So, no Xmas surprise, but I don't care. Just nice to have her make it happen!

I'll be adding a 1x12 to my 2x10 to complete my latest rig, a modular stack.

HooBass

2. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Congrats! I once has a girl buy me a shirt that matched my Ric 4001 but that's it for me. ;)

3. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I bought my girlfriend a cool purple guitar (internet pic) but she didn't really have the time to get into it, so I use it.

I'd be thrilled if I got a strap for christmas.

4. Al T.

Al T. Supporting Member

Mrs. Al and I went to G Guitars in New Haven, Ct. to check out 5 string basses. I played a Lakland and an F-Bass. She whipped out the checkbook and bought me the F-Bass. I got me a real good one on the second try.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I totally forgot I bought one ex a cheapie Soundgear bass, gave a friend a pink SX, and still owe another friend a cheapie bass to learn on. :bag:

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

That is so cool I love a spouse or loved one who is that supportive that is really cool and it makes those trips to the fabric store that much more enjoyable.

8. Signs

Signs

Good wife, good wife!!!

9. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Yesterday I bought myself a cab for my 50th birthday. Mrs. EZ is less than amused. 22 years together and she still doesn't get it. I am thankful for her tolerance though.

10. Got2SadowskyNYC

Got2SadowskyNYC

Disclosures:
    Artist: Sadowsky, Bag End, Visual Sound, Pedaltrain, George L
    Oh god. What's she want?

11. slawie

slawie Supporting Member

Prior to my birthday my wife asked what I would like as a gift. I said I wanted a digital recording device. She did the research and ended up getting me a korg D3200. All I wanted was an MP3 recorder.

slawie

12. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

Nice how supportive she is. I buy my own equipment and if it falls around Chanukah/Xmas, that's my present.

13. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Could your wife talk to my wife? I cant get her to let me by two Hartke 1x12's.

14. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

CONGRATS HooBass!!!

Supportive wives are great!!!
    Fabric store you say?
    Wifey went to the fabric store Saturday to get material to reline the Peavey T-40's case I just got! I showed her the bass, explained that Journey's bassist and Louisiana's Leroux(Leom Medica) used them in the past, showed her the case that came with my bargain(NO interior cloth), and internet pics of GOOD cases and their lining. She came home with the right cloth and will re-do the case for me. We are from New Orleans and she is very familiar with both bands mentioned.

PS: She also "holds the strings in the bridge" of my Kahler-equipped basses when I change strings as you need 3 hands.

The Peavey and another bass are my "presents" this year. She got 2 horses(bargains, we're in Texas) and a paid-for trip to New Orleans to visit her Mom and family. Supporting each other is a key.

15. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging! Supporting Member

"Wife bought me a cab!"

Was it yellow with black checks? ;)

16. ntenny

ntenny

I had the foresight to marry a woodworker. We swung a deal this year where I bought a g****r amp kit and did the build, and she's agreed to make a cabinet for it. I suspect we both feel like we won this deal, but she's looking over my shoulder as I type this and if I get a swift blow to the back of the head that'll mean I was wrong. :)

-NT

17. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

Congrats! I love getting gifts like that from the misses. Earlier this year my fiancee bought me a Warwick Rockbass. I love that bass and will never sell it. Makes the gear that much more special.

18. dhomer

dhomer

Disclosures:
    Owner, Gigmaster Soundworks, Auth. greenboy designs builder, MI
    My wife has never bought me any gear, but she knew I was a musician from day one (the night we met, she was the door bouncer in the club).. Over the years (30) she has been very supportive of my playing music, and she trusts me implicitly.. Never done anything to betray that trust, either..

There was a time when i had to sell my bass to pay rent, and to this day she's never forgiven me for that.. it was an instrument I built myself, and theres been times i wish I still had it..

Household budget's always been tight over the years, but when I can afford a piece of gear thats needed, she doesn't object.. Helps when you have the ability to build stuff..

19. HooBass

HooBass

Thanks for all the replies, folks! Funny and fun stuff.

These two made me realize "Hmm -- She HAS been talking about furniture -- DARN!!" No free lunch! Still am happy!