1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wife girlfriend support

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Ferret, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Ferret

Ferret

Anyone have issues where you have a spouse saying they support you and even buys equipment just because likes to but as soon as an argument comes up they start throwing the fact that you are playing back in your face and that playing more important than her. This is when the issues have nothing to do with playing at all. When things are all good she says need I to get more shows. I rarely practice and complains that I should but then complains when you do. Say they want to go to shows but then complains when goes.
  2. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

Man...it is hard to read your post.
  3. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    First of all, your post is very difficult to read and understand due to lack of punctuation, rambling sentences and the fact that you apparently left out some words.

My wife and I have been married for more than 25 years and I can count on one hand the number of times we have argued about anything. She has always been very supportive and has bought gear for me many times. She has never complained about me having to go to rehearsals or gigs.
  4. barebones

barebones Bare Bones Bass Builder Supporting Member

Um, yes? Er... Maybe, no?
  5. Twobass

Twobass

I envy you.
  6. Jah Wobble Fan

Jah Wobble Fan

My two cents: get a new woman and learn to write in English. Not necessarily in that order.
  7. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp Supporting Member

I know what you are talking about even though it is hard to read. What you need to do is write down every time this happens for a little while. Then show her the crazy behavior on paper. Then explain why you had to do it that way and she might go wow I need to get it together.
  8. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
  9. oboylebass

oboylebass

Man that's a hard post to read! Also, my GF is a working musician so no issues here...we get each other gigs!
  10. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Hmn. When the two of you argue, is it a "kitchen sink" kind of dynamic? I mean, do you (plural, there) tend to bring up any and all points of friction in the heat of the contest?

Might be that this is your (plural, again) style of arguing, and you (singular!) tend to notice comments about music more than the comments about other things.
  11. Stewie26

Kind of the same for me also. She attends a lot of our gigs
    and gets the crowd dancing. She also realizes that it is good for the marriage to give me some time off with the boys in the band. I have no complaints.
  12. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass Supporting Member

I have issue not spouse supports even buys equipment no argument throws playing back more shows. She goes if have practice domestic.
  13. Ferret

Ferret

Next time I will write crayon simple :)
  14. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

Obviously the OP's woman has driven him crazy.
  15. SactoBass

Ukiah: I can totally relate. I talked just like the OP for the first few months after my second divorce.

I recall my first wife (before we got married but while we were dating) saying "why don't you just marry your bass." She seemed to think my bass was more important to me than her. In retrospect, I wish I would have!

"Sactobass, do you take this '75 Rickenbacker 4001 to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to cherish, through sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

My response: oh hell yes!
  16. Joedog

Joedog

Wow, damned if you do, damned if you don't! She sounds a little schitzo to me! Keep the bass, dump the wacko. However pictures are necessary before we make our FINAL ruling!!!!
  17. Stewie26

We can see from the above that you have past experience with this type writing. :D
  18. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables
    My wife totally supports my girlfriend.
  19. Stormchaser

Stormchaser

Now all of us are jealous!
  20. SactoBass

Yep.........I have been married before.