1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Wifi light switch location

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tony Flow MMMM, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

Christmas gift, got one of these.. I think it would be cool if you had 3-4 of them, but being they're 50$ not that cool. So I have ONE I placed it in the kitchen, area as a soft light for the living room so I can turn it on and off from the couch, but I'm really thinking there may be better ideas out there.

My original idea was to use it for my bedroom ceiling fan, so when I'm freezing I do to have to get up freezing even more and shut it off. And that ideas seeming better and better

Incase I didn't make it clear, you use your phone to activate it, you can also set times for it to come on and go off, or sun ride sunset deal. I have to put it somewhere.... Ideas??

2. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Put it in your next door neighbor's house.

3. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

What's the brand and part number- Leviton, Lutron, ????

4. Tony Flow MMMM

It's the wemo belkin one, works great

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

I like this idea.

lowsound

7. Tony Flow MMMM

While I could, because the house next door is new construction,

I'm looking for serious suggetions

8. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

This technology was created 30 years ago. #wifinotneeded

[​IMG]

9. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

In that case, wait until they start installing the other electrical devices and AV trimout. They may never notice it, unless it looks totally different from all of the other switches.:D

Do you have a media room? That's a good place, since some movies, concert videos and TV shows benefit from varying ambient light levels. Otherwise, maybe an outdoor light? Can you set a schedule for ON/OFF?

I see that it can schedule events- have you looked at this site?
    http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C030/

10. Tony Flow MMMM

OMG..

Please just stop

11. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Supporting Member

To me if you only have one use it for security. Put it in a place that would discourage would be thieves. That way when you are away from home you can randomly turn it off and on to make it look as though someone is home.

12. Tony Flow MMMM

I get what your saying, but still lol,

I also now how a wifi camera, can be used for security and alert me on my phone when it senses motion, i could use em together but I really don't want to be THAT guy, nor am I worried about my safety like that.

I could use it for my flood lights or porch lights to come on automatically, but a much much cheaper timer could do that..

13. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

Use it for your outside lights - front porch, etc. that you want to turn on and off automatically.