Wilbur Ware

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Earl, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Earl

Earl Supporting Member

Happy birthday Wilbur Ware! There is a WW tribute concert tonight 9/9 at Merkin Hall in NYC with Barry Harris, Louis Hayes, Ray Drummond, Rufus Reid, Juni Booth, Bill Crow and others,
  2. Mark Carlsen

Mark Carlsen

Damn..... :meh:
    I would of loved to be at this one. Anyone who was able please check in and give us the lowdwn...:cool:
  3. Dig Wilbur Ware

Dig Wilbur Ware

Late, but found this at kaufman-center.org ... 'would've loved to see the Larry Ridley solo.

Celebrating the Legacy
    of Bassist Wilbur Ware

Saturday, September 08 | 8:00pm

With Musical Directors Louis Hayes, drums and Junie Booth, bass

The first of the Wilbur Ware Institute's 2012-2013 performances recognizing and paying tribute to the master jazz musician. Bassist Wilbur Ware's musical contributions are well known to jazz enthusiasts, music scholars, jazz historians and journalists, as well as national and international musicians. Celebrated and accomplished master musicians will perform and commemorate his legacy.

Featuring the Barry Harris Trio (Barry Harris, piano; Ray Drummond, bass; Leroy Williams, drums); Michael Carvin, drums; Javon Jackson, tenor saxophone; Russell Malone, guitar; Rufus Reid, bass; Larry Ridley, bass (solo tribute); Rodney Kendrick, piano; Ziani Zawadi, trombone/euphonium

Attached Files:

4. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp

Man, that would have been so great. I've been listening to "The Chicago Sound" a lot lately and his tone, time, and ideas are just huge. Maybe next year?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Phil Rowan

Phil Rowan

Dig Wilbur Ware, I started a thread with that info a few days before it happened. I couldn't make it, unfortunately. JayB, Chicago Sound is a great album, for sure