1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Wilkins Roadtested bass for sale

Discussion in 'TalkBass Bazaar: Basses' started by Wilkins, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Wilkins

Wilkins

Hi all This is Pat Wilkins. I've got a stock Roadtested bass available for sale. It's a Candy Orange WRTP with a matte finish on the body and parchment pickguard. Seymour Duncan SPB-1 pickup, Hipshot ultralite tuners and a vintage style bridge. The neck is shaped exactly like a '65 Pbass with quartersawn maple and an Indian Rosewood fingerboard. It's 8.5 lbs and comes in an Access gig bag. If you're local to So Ca you can come and play it in person. Free shipping to anywhere in the ConUs. 7 day return if you're not happy with it. You pay the shipping back. $1899 credit card or Paypal

Attached Files:

2. Wilkins

Wilkins

Bump to re-open the thread.
    Don't forget that I'll be in Booth # 2994 at Namm starting on Thursday Jan 24. Come by and play the bass and many others.

3. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Are the fiesta models priced higher than the white?

4. Wilkins

Wilkins

HI Petrus61 No, I've got one standard price for all the RoadTested basses. There are pickup, hardware and wood options but colors don't have an optional charge.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Wilkins

Wilkins

SOLD !! This bass went to Bryant Siono, currently the MD and bassist for J Lo. He came by the booth at Namm and fell in love with it. Yesterday he came by, got it and took off to a gig last night with it.
    I've got more. I'll snap another pic and post a new one soon.

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

That's really kool Pat.

8. Wilkins

Wilkins

Hey Jauqo Bryant's been playing an all white 5 that I built for him throughout the entire J Lo
    tour. When he played that Candy Orange bass at the show he told me that he was going to come back after the show and pick that one up. Not only did he get that but he ordered a passive 5 too like the one I'm building for Jimmy Earl right now. He's got lots of basses to play but he's a Wilkins player now. He's a monster player.

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

The one that you're building for Jimmy Earl was nice.

I'm glad more players are starting to take note of what great basses you have to offer the players and the bass community.

I think your new Road tested series is just what this market needs, killer overall quality that's not crushing the bank account.

I am not ashamed to admit that I am a Wilkins endorser and I was there pretty much at the beginning.

10. Wilkins

Wilkins

Thanks Jauqo You've always been in my corner and I really appreciate everything you've said and done for me.
    It's true, you've been there from the beginning.

11. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I was looking at the white WPB at Chicago Music Exchange and it was priced at $1799. Is this the same model? I really like the features on these and I'm considering one but can't really find many out there. Are all of the necks quarter sawn?

12. Wilkins

Wilkins

It's unfortunate but right now there aren't a lot of stores carrying the WRTP RoadTested Basses. Currently Chicago Music Exchange is the only store carrying the Wilkins line in the Midwest.
    Yes, all my necks are quartersawn maple. It's the best way to make a neck.

13. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

I'm going to bump this thread...I just ordered a Wilkins Road Tested...it will be Candy Orange over alder, tort guard, maple/rosewood board, with a matching orange headstock. I should have it this coming week! I am super excited!

14. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Looking forward to seeing pictures of it, Mark :D