1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Wilkinson P-Bass Split P

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MikeyMcMike, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Hey guys

Just wondering if anything knows anything about Wilkinson pick ups? Does anyone know anything about them or if they are any good?

I found them on eBay for £15 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230854475809?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 and if they are the same ones that are on the website they are around £20 cheaper than on the official Wilkinson website.

I am just looking something to into my first (starter) bass. I am taking on a project just to fix up my bass to see how it all gets put together. I recently fixed the action and it feels surprisingly good so I want a cheap half decent set of pick ups.

Thanks in advance

2. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    They are fine pickups! I've used Wilkinsons in my Frankenstein basses at times.

I recently bought some no-name J pickups off Ebay for £20 and the wires were falling off the bobbin. A total piece of junk! Wilkinson's stuff, for the same money, is far superior. Maybe also check out Entwistle, Artec, G&B and the stuff Axesrus sell (which may also be G&B/Artec as rebranded, which in turn might all be OEM stuff from one giant factory).

The P pickup I have, which came from a Vintage V4 bass, is pretty good. Not the hottest pickup out there, so I guess it could be quite vintage voiced.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement