1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Will Lee talks about Jaco

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Dbassmon, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz
  2. JimK

JimK

Enjoyed this video. "Jaco isn't really dead...he'll be kicking' people's asses for centuries". Also, Lee mentioned his first hearing Jaco (Bobbing' s tape)...and he wasn't ready. One needs to take it slow with Jaco is Lee's advice. Great impression & description of Wayne Cochrane, too!
  3. corinpills

corinpills

Funny, I was watching that and I realized that I had subconsciously solo'd my bridge pickup and rolled off the tone knob- not the way I usually play my jazz bass at all.
  4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

That's a great interview and Will Lee knows he is talking s--t, the dude is sounding all humble while it is clear he has studied Jaco, and literally knows his stuff cold. The truth is that Lee did not need to listen to Jaco early on because he already had his own voice, and it is a brilliant voice indeed.
  5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

This is a touching clip of Will Lee talking about Hiram Bullock. He makes me think of Nile Rodgers talking about Bernard Edwards.
  6. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I'll always remember seeing the 24th Band and those two running all around the place, amazing energy!
  7. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member

Thanks for the link! Highly entertaining.

One of my favorite living bass players opening up and being very informative about one of my all time favorite bass players. Great stuff.

Was that one of Jaco's basses that he is playing?
  8. JimK

JimK

...looks like one of Fender's "relic" Jaco basses; IIRC, they also made a fretted version. Doesn't Geddy Lee has one of each? Seem to recall a somewhat recent interview in Bass Player mag with a breakdown of his touring basses...
  9. JimK

JimK