Winter 2013- upcoming albums...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by powderfinger, Jan 2, 2013.

1. powderfinger

powderfinger

So I just got done reading a list of bands with new albums coming out in 2013 (most of the albums titles are still TBA). What do you all think of these?

Black Sabbath (w. Ozzy)
    While I love Sabbath, I'm not really hyped up about this new release. Their original recordings are great, bc they are dark, gritty, and reflect how life was, coming up in a poor, working class neighborhood. Now, theyre all a bunch of 70 year old millionaires. I just dont see this album happening for me.

The Black Keys
    This one, I am looking forward to. I didnt dig the earlier Black Keys stuff (pre Attack and Release), because IMO, they sounded like a White Stripes knockoff... guitar and drums, with no bassist. Yawn. But theyve really become more polished, and their music has really evolved, and Im looking forward to see what they do this next outing.

Cher
    I am unable to even make a comment on this one.

Thin Lizzy
    Call me naivee, but how is this really possible. I mean... cmon.

Nirvana
    I am assuming this is a re-issue.

ACDC
    Hmmmm, I wonder what direction ACDC will do with this album. All of their albums are do different in style... and... Im sorry, I cant even keep a straight face. Im assuming this will sound like their last 20 albums, just with no catchy songs.

Bon Jovi
    I am assuming this will feature plenty of guest spots with pop singers half his age, and very little guitar.