Wired to Wireless

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by bhubb3rd, Feb 2, 2014.

1. bhubb3rd

bhubb3rd Supporting Member

Been using a Rolls 351 and want to take the next step to a full wireless.

Looking at the MIPRO 808, Shure PSM200 and AT M2, all appear to do basically the same thing. Any opinions on these? The MIPRO seems to out perform the others, but virtually no reviews anywhere except one guy that pushes them pretty hard. All within $50 of each other.

I want to be able to mix a aux out from the board with my bass signal. With the Rolls, I have been using the effects out to the Rolls, aux out from the board, works OK.

Question - will any of these accept either the effects out or DI off the back of the amp for the bass input? I can run the DI to the wireless then plug the board into the pass through on the wireless unit. Now that I think about it, I am going to try this with the Rolls.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

2. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

shure PSM200...i can't really tell you right now why is say the shure, and i have to leave, but shure!

3. bhubb3rd

Thanks for the reply, really looking for some specific direction. Why the Shure as compared to the others?

Any experience with the others, or do you just have experience with the Shure?

And, direction on the signal chain as proposed.

Thanks!

4. bhubb3rd

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

well brand aside, i find that i haven't ever had an issue with it. the galaxy's i wouldn't ever touch, and sennheiser is what im currently using and really wouldn't use anything else at this point...especially for the price..but in the $650ish mark, the shure PSM200 is what i would suggest...they sound great, i just don't really like the high impact plastic though...

those are the 3 brands i have had experience with...and you connect it to your sound board....

7. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Supporting Member

I have roughly 6 years and hundreds of gigs on my PSM200's. Great product, works every time all the time. They sound good, but as always if you go to a pro level product like the Sennheiser G3's there will be some difference in sound quality. That's a move I'm looking at making just so I can do a stereo mix. Other than that I love my Shure's.