Wireless Cabs and Monitors

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Solitarely, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Solitarely

Solitarely

Are we reaching a not to distant time of wireless stages? Even if you had to plug in a power chord for monitors and speakers, would performers like this better? Wireless instruments, wireless in ears, throw up some cabs and monitors. Would this be easier or what? Imagine how clean the stage would be what do you think? Would there be a market for this?

How do wireless home speakers work? Batteries or are they plugged in an outlet?

2. aledeville

aledeville

What is the benefit? More technique that can get old/damaged/interfered...?

Is it so difficult to throw a speakon cable onto the stage?

So no, we're not facing the time of wireless stages. But the use of IEM will probably rise.

3. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

IMO nope.

IME the performers do not care how the monitoring is done, just as long it works.

So nope from me for that as well.

Wireless transmitters and recievers are not as common on avarage working performers as one would think, and the people who have dealt with the said devices sure know why.

One good reason is the ever changing legal RF bands and the reduced bandwidth.

When the LF wireless gets perfected, then we'll have an unlimited wireless capabilities, but I for one can't see that happening any time soon.

The stage is as clean as You make it to be, perfectly doable with regular monitors.

I'd say nope once again. Very little to be gained for using up RF 2-4 bands that are already in short supply if any wireless equipment at all is being used.

If You're talking about surround speakers, AFAIK all of them are plugged into an outlet.

Since the sync and the calculated delays (or "advancements") comes from the video signal, latencies of the various components are not a problem.

Regards
    Sam