Wireless interference?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by ilikesnackpacks, Jan 23, 2014.

1. ilikesnackpacks

ilikesnackpacks

I recently upgraded from a combo amp to a rack mount setup and now I am getting a bunch of static from my wireless ( AKG WMS40 Pro Mini). I think the interference is coming from the power conditioner. Any ideas on fixing this problem? Would upgrading to a digital system (Line6 G90?) fix my wireless woes?
  2. ilikesnackpacks

ilikesnackpacks

After playing around with placement and replacing the batteries in the transmitter, I've come to the conclusion that the unit is just a piece of junk. Couldn't tell before with my old combo amp, but my new GK Fusion 550 really enhances the poor quality of the unit. Time to upgrade!
  3. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

I would strongly recommend Line 6's G50...

- georgestrings
  4. ilikesnackpacks

ilikesnackpacks

Thanks georgestrings, I am looking into the Line 6 units and am pretty impressed with the G90, just not sure I want to spend that much on one
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Yeah, I know it's a good chunk 'o change, but let me share something: 6 years ago, I thought it was alot of money when I bought my XDR-95, but it's still working great, and it probably has atleast 400 gigs on it... When it comes to wireless, get something good, or keep the cord, I say...

Lastly - the benefits of running wireless outweigh any costs or hassles, IMO/IME...

- georgestrings
  7. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

I tried the Line 6 on a recommendation from a GC salesman (should of told me something). Standing next to the unit wasn't bad but get 10 feet away and I started getting interference. I ended up switching to a cable for the night. Went out the next day and I bought the Shure PGXD14 and a PowerX AA Charger with 4-AA batteries and haven't looked back. I turn the body pack off during breaks and one set of batteries last me all night. Throw them in the charger and grab the fresh set and ready to go again for the next night.