1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wiring a Bass Mods Pre active/passive? Help please!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by autodidact, Dec 6, 2012.

1. autodidact

autodidact

Alright so here's the deal.

I'm looking at picking up a Bass Mods BEQ-2 2 band pre from a fellow TB'r. I want the preamp for the ability to boost my low end a little but I also really like the passive tone of the bass I'm putting the pre in.

Is there a way to wire up the pre-amp with a bypass switch so that I can choose whether or not I want it to be engaged when I play. I've attached a pic of it for reference.

Also, I'm putting it in a Squier CV Precision that I've outfitted with a Fender '62 p'up, would it be possible to hook the '62 up to the Bass Mods pre or do I have to look at other pickups? Ignore the pickups in the pic, they just come with the pre :D

:help: Please help, I figured you guys would probably know best!

Attached Files:

• pre.jpg
      pre.jpg
      File size:
      128.7 KB
      Views:
  2. autodidact

autodidact

Somebody's gotta know something !
  3. Andyman001

Andyman001 Supporting Member Supporting Member

According to the ebay store that sells these, it is for passive pu's, so yours should work.

also you should be able to add a toggle switch to switch from active to passive.
  4. autodidact

autodidact

Any idea where I might find a wiring schematic for that?
  5. line6man

line6man

[​IMG]

Make sure the volume pot is before the preamp, and of the appropriate value for the signal impedance.
  6. autodidact

autodidact

Is there a way I could keep the passive tone control too? I know it sounds like I'm being a pain but I'm kind of a novice at the whole wiring thing
  7. line6man

line6man

Sure. Keep it before the preamp input.
  8. autodidact

autodidact

Awesome thanks a lot man