1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wiring a toggle to a passive 3 knob?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ThatCoolBassist, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ThatCoolBassist

ThatCoolBassist

My beloved Ibby gsr200 which I (for some reason) keep coming back to, Is now beginning the modification process... Im looking to wire a 3-way toggle switch on her bit I'm not sure how.. I've done some simple soldering here and there, I don't imagine it being to complicated. :eek:
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Is it the 3 knob passive modelor the 4 knob with preamp ? What do you want to achieve with the switch ?
  3. ThatCoolBassist

ThatCoolBassist

Its the passive model. I bassically want to bypass the double volume knobs and have:
    master tone>pup toggle<master volume
  4. Jazz Ad

Then it's super easy. Ditch one of the volumes, add a Gibson style 1pdt on-on-on switch and rewire the volume pot after the switch. Something like this :
    [​IMG]
  5. ThatCoolBassist

ThatCoolBassist

Awesome, now what. Looks like I have a few options..
    toggle<mast tone<mast volume
    mast tone>toggle<mast volume
    Anyone know any passive tone boosters or somethin?
  6. Jazz Ad

You only have one tone and one volume so the switch must come first.
    The order between tone and volume doesn't matter.
  7. ThatCoolBassist

ThatCoolBassist

Thanks, you know of any passive tone boosters or something? Like stellartone, or varitone, id like to enhance my tone too, put I want to keep it passsive...