1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Wiring a toggle to a passive 3 knob?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ThatCoolBassist, Feb 2, 2014.

1. ThatCoolBassist

ThatCoolBassist

Feb 16, 2012
    My beloved Ibby gsr200 which I (for some reason) keep coming back to, Is now beginning the modification process... Im looking to wire a 3-way toggle switch on her bit I'm not sure how.. I've done some simple soldering here and there, I don't imagine it being to complicated. :eek:

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Is it the 3 knob passive modelor the 4 knob with preamp ? What do you want to achieve with the switch ?

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. ThatCoolBassist

ThatCoolBassist

Feb 16, 2012
    Its the passive model. I bassically want to bypass the double volume knobs and have:
    master tone>pup toggle<master volume

5. Jazz Ad

Then it's super easy. Ditch one of the volumes, add a Gibson style 1pdt on-on-on switch and rewire the volume pot after the switch. Something like this :
    [​IMG]

6. ThatCoolBassist

ThatCoolBassist

Feb 16, 2012
    Awesome, now what. Looks like I have a few options..
    toggle<mast tone<mast volume
    mast tone>toggle<mast volume
    Anyone know any passive tone boosters or somethin?

7. Jazz Ad

You only have one tone and one volume so the switch must come first.
    The order between tone and volume doesn't matter.

8. ThatCoolBassist

ThatCoolBassist

Feb 16, 2012
    Thanks, you know of any passive tone boosters or something? Like stellartone, or varitone, id like to enhance my tone too, put I want to keep it passsive...