1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wiring diagram to add a Le-Son Piezo tweeter?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Ncognito, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Ncognito

Ncognito

Disclosures:
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    Help !

I have an existing 4 ohm cabinet, and I would like to add a Le-Son TLX-1 Piezo tweeter to it. Can someone explain to me how to do the wiring.

SWR uses the Le-Son TLX-1 Piezo tweeter alot, and I don't think a passive crossover is used by SWR.

Any ideas how SWR does the wiring for the Workingmans extension cabinets?

Thanks for any help!
  2. Petebass

Petebass

I believe they just wire it in parallel without bothering with a crossover.

In other words, use speaker wire to connect the positive terminal of the speaker to the positive terminal of the horn. Then connect the negative terminal of the speaker to the negative terminal of the horn.

Kinda like this

+ --------------------------- +
    - --------------------------- -
  3. GreyBeard

GreyBeard

You might think about adding a L Pad (volume control) to the circuit. Usually the piezo is too loud for the other speaker and needs to be turned down a bit. A couple of years ago Carvin offered a piezo / L Pad control package that I mounted into a small box and added to a single 15. It works great. Good luck
  4. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

NO.

All the LeSon tweeters I know about include the coil inside, it is a step-up transformer and a tuning coil for the crossover. That is all shown in the LeSon patent.

You use a small capacitor to establish the crossover, and an L-pad would be good too.

Most will be quickly destroyed if hooked up direct.

Ill look around to see if I have any LeSon data, I used to.