1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wiring DPDT on/on for Bart A/P switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fhm555, Jan 21, 2014.

1. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Hey folks...

I'm wanting to wire up a 2 band Bart preamp with an active/passive switch according to their (Bart) diagram, but I don't know enough about the switch to be able to do it without some help. The Bart diagram shows connection but no post numbers.

The little sketch below shows the Bart diagram on the left and the back of my switch on the right. My question is this, do I just wire exactly as shown with the jumper between 3 and 6 and the rest attached in the same positions as shown in relation to the jumper, or is the bart diagram upside down with the jumper between 1 and 4 and the rest attached in the same positions in relation to 1 and 4, or does it matter, except to which position is active and which is passive, which end the jumper is on?

Any and all help/expertise on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Attached Files:

2. line6man

line6man

There is a better way to do active/passive switching. Wire it like this:
    [​IMG]

With mini toggle switches, the handle goes opposite the throws selected. In both of these diagrams, up is passive.
  3. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Cool. Thanks for the help.