Wiring help needed. Yamaha Attitude bass content.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by An Army Of Juan, Nov 7, 2013.

1. An Army Of Juan

An Army Of Juan

Hey guys, I picked up a Yamaha Attitude Special a couple of days ago, and I've got an idea in my head that I wanted to run by ya. So, because this is the Special, it just has a standard mono output, with no push-pull pots or anything fancy like that. But as it turns out, I have enough equipment to run a discreet amp for each pickup, like the real deal ATT is set up to do.

Here's what I need help with. Instead of adding a second mono jack, I'd like to replace the mono jack with a stereo TRS jack, and use a stereo cable running to a Y-cable adapter by my amps. Woofer to one contact, P pickup to the other. The real question is, is there a way that I can wire it so that a standard mono cable can be used if I want to play with both pickups on through a single amp? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

2. line6man

line6man

Wire one output to the tip terminal of the jack, and the other to the common terminal of a SPDT or DPDT switch. One throw will go to the tip terminal of the jack, and the other will go to the ring terminal of the jack.