1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Wiring Help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SwagAttack, Dec 24, 2013.

1. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

I have a MEC humbucker and a Bass Mods preamp I am trying to wire up with a series/Ncoil/parallel switch. I wired everything together but no sound is coming out, and I can't figure out why. I have attached a diagram of what I have so far (omitting the bass/treble and other prewired stuff). The only thing I was not sure of was the orange and black wire which come out of the preamp.

Attached Files:

2. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

Did a quick work around to check if the switch was working correctly, and it was. So there is a problem sometime after the switch.

3. line6man

line6man

The volume pot is not wired properly.

You should have the signal hot going to the first terminal, the second terminal (the wiper) going to the preamp, and the third terminal grounded.

4. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

I didn't include the specifics of the volume pot since it was prewired. I took a picture of it to maybe give a better image of what it looks like
    Grounds on the volume pot: black from preamp, black from bridge, green from jack, unshielded from gray wire, and red from silver unshielded from pickup
    The silver wire on top contains the hot and ground from switch, which goes to the volume ground (as mentioned before) and node.
    The jack has the ground from the battery, green from volume ground, and the orange from the preamp.

The ones i am unsure of are the orange and black from the preamp. I just couldn't think of anything else to do than put the orange to the jack and the black to the volume ground.

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad