1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

wiring of lane poor mm 4/5 with aguilar obp-1

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gmasca92, Nov 18, 2012.

1. gmasca92

gmasca92

I think the title is self explanatory.. I'm having problems whenever I turn up the volume knob past 5% probably because the wiring of my new pickup is not correct.
    If anyone has the wiring diagram for this type of connection please help me out!

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    What problem are you experiencing?

3. gmasca92

gmasca92

the output gets too high and the bass gets distorted. I have no control of the volume knob if it's past 5% (approximately)

4. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned

Disclosures:
    Ok, now we have to figure out if it's distorting at the OBP-1 or at your amp.

Is the battery fresh?

What kind of amp is it, and how is it setup? Is the distortion the same regardless of the gain or volume setting on the amp?

Also where are the tone controls set on the OBP-1? You don't have them all the way up, do you?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gmasca92

gmasca92

the batteries are hardly 6 months old and the volume settings on the amp do not affect the distortion. no matter in what amp I plug the bass in. (its a gk 400rb btw)

I usually have the treble turned up to 80% and the bass to 40%. I use a lot of contour on the amp so it balances out the brightness...

7. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned

Disclosures:
    Either something is wired up wrong, or the preamp is broken. That pickup should not clip the preamp.

Check your wiring, and look for accidental shorts.

8. gmasca92

gmasca92

I'm pretty sure it's the wiring but I don't have a wiring diagram to check :(

9. gmasca92

gmasca92

My guess is that because the wiring is wrong, the pickup is saturating the pre amp.