1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wiring on the Tractor- Berry Oakley

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NicJimBass, Mar 30, 2005.

1. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

I started another thread about this, but things went off track. Does anyone have any idea how Berry Oakley wired his Tractor bass? There's an extra knob and toggle switch, but I have no idea what they do. Any and all help is appreciated!
  2. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

I think a few years back the Fender Custom Shop made a Tribute model replica of one of the originals (there was more than one Tractor, I think. If you look at pictures, there are at least two positions for the Guild pickup, which was mounted poles towards the neck, or towards the bridge.) Maybe you could get some information from them. Or maybe from the FDP.
  3. Fred Hammon

Fred Hammon Dark Star pickups

4. mattwells

mattwells

I am not totally positive, but I do know that the bass was wired in stereo and he ran it to 2 different amps.
  5. Fred Hammon

Fred Hammon Dark Star pickups

Attached Files:

6. MetroBass

MetroBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    Searched and found this - thinking building a trackor bass anyone have the schematic?
  7. GeoffGould

GeoffGould

Disclosures:
    owner of G. Gould Basses
    I wonder if the two J pickups were wired in series, that would make the most sense.
  8. mellowinman

mellowinman