1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wonderlove FX loop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LowEndWooly, Dec 16, 2013.

1. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly Supporting Member

This might be a dumb question.. but what would you use the FX Loop in the 3leaf Audio Wonderlove for? I have about 10 pedals that I use, but I've just been running them normally through the WL.

Also.. am I understanding it right that an expression pedal hooked up to the WL would basically just turn the EP into a wah with the WL sound?
  2. eloann

eloann Supporting Member

The loop is useful for dynamic-squashing effects such as most fuzz. It tracks the raw signal and processes the effected signal (just like good noise gates)
  3. Impostor

Impostor

Right. I have compressor > octaver > fuzz in the loop, so that the Wonderlove is triggered by the natural dynamics of my playing unaffected by any of them. Also, with the blend knob you may mix in some dry signal, which is also unaffected by the loop fx - though mostly I keep it 100% wet, but sometimes you can get interesting results rolling it off.
  4. LowEndWooly

Hmm. I'll have to try this! Could someone post a pic showing their WL fx loop? I'd love some ideas.

Thanks
  5. LowEndWooly

For example.. I have a wren and cuff phat Phuk B and a vintage microtubes that I run almost all the time and a you're doom fuzz and team awesome fuzz. Would it be a good idea to run those four through the WL loop?
  6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

I have an MXR Bass Octave Deluxe and a Wampler Euphoria overdrive in the loop. The good thing is you can stomp those pedals in and out without altering how the envelope filter tracks your signal (since it reacts to the input signal regardless of how the pedals in the loop alters the signal level).

I would imagine a fuzz compresses the signal a lot and because of that you'd lose the dynamics you want going into the filter, so therefor I'd try it in the loop instead of in front of the filter.

But why don't you simply try for yourself and see what you like?
  7. ckhalleran

ckhalleran

Try You're Doom in the loop and then in front of Wonderlove. If it's in front, then turning down WL blend will give you more You're Doom. But if You're Doom is in the loop, then turning down WL blend will give you more dry bass (keeping fuzz the same).