1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Woo Hoo! I just fixed my vintage dishwasher all by myself!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by capnjim, Feb 19, 2014.

1. capnjim

capnjim

So I have a 1972 Kitchenaide dishwasher. Its worked great for the 10yrs I have owned it. I bought it for 50$. The seller told me it was 10-15yrs old. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was from 1972!!! I have a tiny kitchen and its a portable, not many full sized portables on the market so I was sad when it stopped working.
    I took it all apart and in one of the little valve/relay thingies, I find a small shard of glass. The valve has a rubber diaghram and a spring so I guess it works on pressure. Put her back together, and she lives! I think these things are literally made to last forever. All of the guts and inside parts look like new....nary a speck of rust or corrosion.
    Anyone else have a vintage dishwasher??
  2. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Supporting Member

Is it road-worn?
  3. blastoff99

blastoff99 Supporting Member

My husband's kinda vintage. Does that count?
  4. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I think it needs flats.
  5. capnjim

capnjim

Its not road worn at all....I think its made a lot better than any guitar! The paint and chrome look like new. Not to mention, I have three kids and this thing is used and abused! Its a portable and my kitchen is small so it doubles as a counter-top. Every day! I couldn't live without it not only for its mystical washing abilities, but also for its wonderfull counter top space.
    They sure don't make them like they used to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

So, what's the best dishwasher for metal?
  7. ThatBassistDude

ThatBassistDude Supporting Member

It would work better with tortoiseshell and sunburst
  8. Mysterion

Mysterion Supporting Member

If that had flowered Contact paper on the sides, it would be my parents' old dishwasher...