1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wood stand

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by kinghq1, Dec 25, 2013.

1. kinghq1

kinghq1

2. Paul Barsic

Paul Barsic

What about Jake de Villier's stand design? Go to his website, click on the workshop link, and scroll down. I made one last week, and I'm pretty happy.
  3. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

I have one of the Laabs stands. It was thrown in with a bass I bought last year. Nice from a distance, pretty cheesy up close. Certainly not something I'd pay $130 for.
  4. ErikvanD

ErikvanD

I used several stands I found online as inspiration (amongst others Jake de Villier's stand) and made this simple stand:

[​IMG]
    Completed stand, still unpainted (somehow this picture shows portrait on Windows and landscape on the iPad...)

[​IMG]
    Unpainted in more detail

[​IMG]
    Painted/stained stand detail shot 1

[​IMG]
    Painted/stained stand detail shot 2

[​IMG]
    Painted/stained stand detail shot 3 showing the hole for the endpin. I wanted a stand that could hold the bass with the endpin at the correct length for me

[​IMG]
    Painted/stained stand detail shot 4

[​IMG]

Later I made another one for my daughters 1/16th bass and they look very nice side by side!

After the first version I had to make a new one that was bit higher as I had measured the endpin length wrong... I made it to the same design but higher and with the same "wings" at the bottom. But while fitting the bass inside my home I found out something I had not taken into account... The ceiling was too low to get the bass out! So, as I had this time calculated in bit of extra room at the bottom, I had opportunity to lower the whole stand. But in the process the wings had to go... Kind of a shame as I liked the look with wings better... I recycled the old stand to make the stand out for my daughters bass.

It is very easy to think up a design as it is in fact just a wooden box...
  5. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC Supporting Member

Maybe easy to think up but not so easy to actually build. I sure couldn't! You've done a beautiful job. Do you take orders for them? :)