1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Woodbrass + French e-tailers advice. Cort content.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eukatheude, Dec 12, 2013.

1. eukatheude

eukatheude

I am saving up for a Cort B5FL. Go look it up, you won't find it on their site, along with several other basses and guitars which I have seen in person. I found out about its existence a while ago on a youtube video, whose uploader directed me to Woodbrass. It's the only site i could find that carries this bass. I talked about this with my local brick&mortar shop owner (the kind of bass I'm looking for is not on his distributors' catalogue... Specifically: 5er, unlined fretless, active and kinda cheap) and he mentioned this bass, and other models, might be some sort of "France only edition" or whatever. The point being, this bass can only be bought in France or through French online dealers.
    I have no experience with Woodbrass, so here I am asking for advice from anyone who bought from there. :D I'd also love any recommendation for other dealers who do indeed sell this bass. Thanks!
  2. eukatheude

eukatheude

Bumpy. Anyone got a tip?
  3. eukatheude

eukatheude

Come on, no one?
  4. Jarobi

Jarobi

Hey, my band and I are going to order our shiny new PA at Woodbrass (we're located in France). After some research it was Thomann or Woodbrass, the latter happens to be less expensive on the particular gear we want. Seems like a pretty trustworthy shop from what I've heard, I never dealt with them directly though.

As far as french retailers go, I found this bass on Musikia and Michenaud, but they only ship inside Europe.

Looks like your best bet is Woodbrass.
  5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Woodbrass is a well established, serious shop. I don't shop there often but every time I did everything was fine.
    They had financial difficulties a few years ago but are back on tracks.
  6. eukatheude

eukatheude

I am in europe. :cool: Thanks for the suggestion, gonna check them out.

Thank you!