Woooten High C String?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by phnord, Nov 12, 2012.

1. phnord

phnord

Media:
    I know that Fodera sells a set of Nickel .040-.055-.075-.095 that Victor has on his bass. I'm planning on grabbing a set, as I always love the clear-yet-mellow tone he gets out of the high end with them, especially when tapping.

However, as I play a 5-String strung EADGC, I'm unsure what to use for my High C.

I'd like to use whatever it is that Victor uses for the C of his Tenor Bass - the Monarch that he tunes ADGC, but I can't seem to find what that is or where to purchase it. I'm assuming it's another Fodera string, and that the ADG are the same as the ADG of his Fodera set (.040-.055-.075 Nickel).

The only Nickel High C that Fodera seems to sell is the .028 that is on the Matt Garrison bass. However, seeing as Matt's other 4 strings are typically lower than Victor's (.040-.060-.080-.100 vs. .040-.055-.075-.095) I imagine this would make my High C stiffer in comparison to the other strings, an effect that I'm looking to avoid.

So does anyone know what strings Victor uses for his ADGC bass - specifically that High C - and where to get them?

Thanks!

2. phnord

phnord

Media:
    Damnit I made a typo on the title. Any mod want to delete that extra "o" for me so I don't feel like an idiot? Thanks

3. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    The Victor Wooten set is no longer sold as a VW set but a super light set from Fodera.

I don't know what he specifically uses for a high C but it's probably a 028 or 025w.

Fodera only sells singles in packs of ten but they are available.

4. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    You'd want our 28 nickel C...

Regards,

Jason

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. matante

matante

Victor Wooten is now endorsing D'Addario strings.

7. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jason,

Would a four string set gauged .028 - .040 - .060 - .080 be a custom order?

I have one instrument that I string A - C (a la Victor's tenor) and usually have to order a six sting set then a four string set (the B - G for my Emperor 5 and the A - high C for the tenor, then having an extra E string left over). It would be much easier (for me, at least) to have a set available .028 - .080 for purchase from your site.

Have you ever considered making this available as a standard set?

8. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    You are probably asking the other Jason,

But yes you can order custom sets in quantities of 10.

There is a 5 string set w/ High C that is 28-40-100 that you can order... 5STR-NI-28100 which is a standard set.

9. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    Yes, this would be a custom order. My suggestion would be to buy our 28-100 Nickel 5-string set and just not use the 100. It would be cheaper than ordering 10 custom sets.

We've thought about adding that as a standard set, but, sadly, we just do not get the request for it terribly often -- perhaps 2-3 times per year...

Kindest regards,

Jason

10. jmclearnon

jmclearnon

I have used the 0.28 gauge C string and it's pretty easy to bend, very easy in fact :)

sounds good on my tenor bass :)