1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Words to live by...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by drummer5359, Dec 30, 2012.

1. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Words to live by, although I can't.

"God, grant me the serenity
    To keep only the gear I need;
    Courage to sell the gear that I don't;
    And wisdom to know the difference."
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I'm just getting to that point I've got a few things I have to sell because they are not being used including four basses that are just sitting in cases and it's taken me some time to figure it out but they have to go.
  3. klaus486

klaus486

Disclosures:
    sales geek Portland Music co.
    Amen brother!
  4. Russell L

Russell L

This covers everything:

"Make sure you're right, then go ahead." --Davy Crockett
  5. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

I had 32 snare drums and 8 full drum kits, I've been thining the herd. I now have 25 snares and a few more will go away. I still have seven drumsets, I'll get rid of a couple more.

The troubling issue is that I started 2012 with 3 basses and now have eight. Four of them are "forever basses". I'll get around to thining that herd too.
  6. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well! Supporting Member

Truer words have never been spoken ;) It took a while to convince myself,but I'm working my way down to just my basic four needs..a Precision,a Jazz,a 5string,and an acoustic. There is a bonus though..after letting go of 13 basses I discovered I had another room in the house!!
  7. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Supporting Member

I can relate - I quit playing drums about 13 years ago and still cannot bring myself to get rid of "my" set. It is a prototype Camco that TAMA made when they bought the Camco brand. Maple shells, jazz sized, 18 and 20 inch bass drums and it sounds amazing.

Dan K.

8. Sneakypete

Sneakypete

I diagnose your main problem as having too much spare cash. Fortunately, I can help you out there - shall I provide my bank details so that I can look after your surplus for you? I promise to spend it wisely. This service is available to all TB'ers and I don't even make a service charge. No amount too small or too big.
  9. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

Spare cash=problem?!?!?! Insanity. But I too shall stand up valiantly with my hands open to receive any of this spare cash.

Sounds like you know which are "keepers" so just put the rest up for sale. Don't sell them dirt cheap or anything. If you don't need the cash right now, just be patient and get top dollar for everything.