WorkingPro 12 or Ibanez Promethean P3115

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Tripp528, Jan 7, 2013.

?

Bass Combo: WorkingPro 12 or Ibanez Promethean P3115

Poll closed Feb 6, 2013.
  1. WorkingPro 12

65.2%
  2. Ibanez Promethean P3115

34.8%
  1. Tripp528

Tripp528

Hi there, I am looking for a new amp in the sub-$600 price range, within the 200-400 watt range. A practice amp that can be used for small gigs if you will. After a lot of research, i am looking to by either a
    WorkingPro 12

(LINK): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/swr-workingpro-12-200-watt-1x12-bass-combo-amp

or

Ibanez Promethean P3115

(LINK): http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAP3115

Please let me know what you think is the best fit for me. I am looking for the loudest, best sounding, most awesome amp between the two of these:bassist:

Thanks
  2. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

TC or GK offer much better alternatives.
  3. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

For that kind of money I believe you could get one of the TC amps which are getting a lot of attention. You could also find a used Red Head, a used Eden Metro, or check my for sale ads.

You could even get a micro amp and speaker that would eat these and be light and easy to carry. If you do go for the Workingman combo look for a SWR Workingman 15 used. Go to section here marked amps, pre amps, and cabinets. If you can't find something there that will eat either of these two amps alive I would be surprised.

4. Ken J

Ken J Coginchaug New Horizons Band/Skinning Cats Gold Supporting Member

+1
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ken J

Ken J Coginchaug New Horizons Band/Skinning Cats Gold Supporting Member

There's a tc BH250 floor model on eBay for $395.00 with free shipping. Make them an offer (lets say 300)and see what happens.
  7. AdamMeinerding

AdamMeinerding

I agree with everyones posts. I know a guy who had a promethian and he had nothing but problems with it.

The Working 12 is cool, but I also agree with the WorkingMAN 15 comment. Those can play gigs easy! My head is in the shop so I'm gigging with it right now in lieu of my rig. Its no Eden or Aguilar, but it gets a nice thick bass sound that can keep up with the rest of the band. You could find one of those for pretty cheap.

If you're willing to spend $600 you could easily get many amps better then those two.
  8. Tripp528

Tripp528

Well, the other reason I am leaning toward the ibanez is because it weighs 40 pounds, and because I can get it new for $300. Would there be another amp with that criteria that you guys can think of?
  9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Nope. Go ahead and report back on the purchase.

10. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

11. Tripp528

Tripp528

Ok well I had a look at the carvins, and the other amps listed here, but they were all a little expensive for me. I COULD spend 600, but I would really rather spend 300, and that 30-40 pound feature is really getting me. So I decided to get the Ibanez 3115. I ordered it tonight and it will come around the 14th. I'll let you guys know what I think
  12. 8liter

8liter Supporting Member

Subbed to this. I'm also interested in the Promethean since my GK MB combo took a dump.
  13. Tripp528

Tripp528

Well I got my ibanez, and I have to say that it is a damn good amp. It goes pretty loud, and the tone is nice and punchy. I would recommend it to anyone that needs an amp with enough power for small gigs and only wants to spend 300 bucks :)
    I also have checked out and played with my friends working pro 12, and I'll say this:
    For power and volume, the ibanez pretty much wreaks it, given it has 100 watts more power. However, the swr had one of the sweetest most bestest tones ever. If you want just good tone and you can use a pa system for gigs, go for the swr. The ibanez is great for my needs though.