Worst football game I've ever seen

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pilgrim, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

The Jets-Titans game has to be the worst performance by two teams I have ever seen. Neither team had any meaningful offense, and they both stunk up the field - but the Jets were the most pitiful. Sanchez looked like he barely knew what a football was. Losing the game by dropping the snap with 45 seconds left while on the 25 yard line was not even his worst play. At least Locker had the excuse of being a rookie.

This game sucked so bad it should have caused a small Black Hole to have appeared in the stadium. The game was do bad announcers are laughing through the game and post-game.

If I were the Jets I think I'd dump Sanchez and Tebow and hold open student body tryouts, or just pick up a new body in the draft and a tired vet to back up the rookie. They have no QBs who are worthy of putting on an NFL uniform. On second thought, if Tebow wanted to stick around as a running back I'd keep him...at a moderate salary.

2. Atoz

Atoz

Nah... I went to an Eagles-Cardinals game a number of years back. Final score: 9-3.

I agree with you about the Jets' QB situation, but it doesn't stop there. The entire team is dysfunctional.

3. Pilgrim

Dysfunctional is a compliment. The coaches appear to have lost the team, and they are doing things that don't make sense.

Sanchez throws two nice passes for the first time in the game, and those morons pull him for one play to put Tebow in. W, I ask, TF??????????? They destroyed any flow and any chance for their team to win.

Fire Rex Ryan. Fire Sanchez. Start over. Sorry, Jest fans, you have been betrayed by this coaching staff.

And I'm a Packers, Denver and Seattle fan. I don't care about the Jets. I just think it's disgraceful that the Jets are being coached and managed so incredibly badly.

Trent Dilfer and Steve Young are absolutely ripping the entire team apart in their post-game analysis, and the team deserves it.

4. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

I understand the Commissioner called LP Field in order to force the teams to cease playing, but the line was busy.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Atoz

Atoz

I agree... Jets ownership needs to blow that team up if they intend to go anywhere in the near future. However, as a Pats fan, I'm enjoying this fiasco more than a little bit. :D

7. Pilgrim

I'e never ever heard Steve Young or Dilfer say the things they did in the post-game. Their entire focus was on how bad the team was and how they've given up. They seemed to agree that the coaching staff needed to be cleaned out.

8. bombjack

bombjack Supporting Member

This whole season has been full of bad games by the JETS.

Blow it up...start again. 2 years of bad play/underachievement is enough for me.

9. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

10. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

It was like seeing a bad car wreck. I wanted to look away, I KNEW I should've look away, but I just couldn't.

11. MetroBass

MetroBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    When I saw ESPN show the match up last week for this weeks game, I thought, wow they're going from the penthouse to the outhouse with this game. One fugley game. (as expected). The peculiar thing was the Jets were still in a playoff position if they had won. Their last possession summed it up.

It was tough for Gruden to maintain his composure during the whole broadcast and Young's comments afterwards I thought he was going to loose it.

12. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Sigh. It ain't easy being a Jets fan. But I'll stand by my team no matter what. They could go 0-16, and I wouldn't stop being a fan.

Back to the drawing board...Sanchez has to go. Rex has to go. Let's come back stronger next year.

13. Pilgrim

That's the spirit! I'm a Washington State U fan no matter how bad they are...and they have been really bad. Next year has promise.

But when the pros play so badly, I wonder what's going on.

Gruden was definitely in W*F mode through much of the game. Young did everything short of jumping on the desk - they were more negative about what they'd seen than I've ever heard before.

14. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

At least the Ryan is going to start McElroy this Sunday, so we'll see how that goes. I know the NFL game is much faster, but McElroy proved all throughout college that he can at least make smart decisions and not throw the ball away. I'm looking forward to seeing this game now just to see what he can do. He has to be better than Sanchez. I can't figure out for the life of me why Ryan was so stubborn all season about playing him even though he's horrible. Sanchez wouldn't even start in the CFL.

15. NWB

NWB

I think you're looking at the Jets all wrong. Try not to see them as a professional sports team, but rather a comedy troupe.

Viewed in that light, you'll gain much greater appreciation.

Too bad I missed the hijinx last night. Did Sanchez ram his face into the center's a$$ again?

To the Jets fans, you have my sympathies. I used to really like the team. Tannenbaum (sp?), Ryan, Sanchez, et al. need to go before you'll see an actual team again.

16. Pilgrim

No, but when they had a chance to win the game he dropped the ball and the Titans recovered, ending the game.

They could call Jeff George out of retirement and do better.

17. stratovani

stratovani

No, no! I want Sanchez and Rexy to stay with Jets for years to come! Please, don't get rid of them!

Of course, I'm saying this as a diehard Patriots fan! :bag:

18. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

Was that really Sanchez's fault? Blame him for his poor play but a bad snap is a bad snap.

19. Pilgrim

OK, let's say he owns half of.that one.

20. Eublet

Eublet Supporting Member

I think McElroy is going to surprise folks.

21. blastoff99

blastoff99

I don't know that this was the worst game ever. Didn't the Cardinals and somebody (the Jets?) play to a 7-6 final earlier this year?