Would there be demand for free backing tracks?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by oniman7, Dec 16, 2012.

1. oniman7

oniman7

I have basic midi resources and I'll be getting Steven Slate Drums for Christmas. I was thinking of compiling some simple backing tracks consisting of synth block chords with clear chord changes and drum grooves. No bass or guitar so they could be used for either.would there be any demand or would any talkbass members use them?
  2. oniman7

oniman7

By basic midi resources, I mean Reason. They are very decent samples and not generic midi
  3. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

Absolutely. Do some Jazz standards in all 12 keys and you'll have one happy downloader right here. Maybe put in the melody too and I'd be super excited.
  4. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate

If you can produce midi tracks of the Jamey Aebersold play along stuff, then there would be a huge market for that. legally, it could be sketchy
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. oniman7

oniman7

I hadn't thought of doing other songs, just my own tracks. I could look into it. It would be a great learning experience for me since i don't normally do jazz. Legally I'd be fine under fair use as long as downloads are for free and used for education
  7. oniman7

oniman7

Hey guys,

here is a really stupid thing I made in about 5 minutes just to show you what kind of quality could be produced. Obviously more thought would be put into it if I were doing it for real (for instance, ending on the tonic would probably be nice) but this is a nice quick demo. Kind of a blues rock thing

I was stupid and forgot to cut the project in Reason to be 25 seconds instead of 3 minutes, but that shouldn't effect you guys.

Let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/dakota-potts/sample-backing-track-blues
  8. hsech

hsech I can feel the love....... Gold Supporting Member

I do similar MIDI tracks now with a Yamaha Synth. I can then either play along for fun or use them with my digital 16 track recorder and add instruments or vocals or both.
  9. Groovy_Gravy

Groovy_Gravy

YES PLEASE.

Ive been looking for backing tracks that DO NOT have bass. they are impossible to find
  10. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

It would be great for those that don't have Band in a box.

For those reading this that need backing tracks... get Band in a Box.
  11. oniman7

oniman7

What would be a good way to host these for download? We're talking songs in 12 keys at 2 or 3 minutes equaling roughly a half hour per song. That's a lot of space
  12. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Please do this!
  13. Scotty DelMar

Scotty DelMar Supporting Member

Most def! All things aside, put "free" on nearly anything, and you'll create a demand.