1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Would you buy this bass guitar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deoindra123, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Deoindra123

Deoindra123

2. Bobster

Bobster

For that price, I'd look for a used Squier CV or VM Jazz Bass. You should easily be able to find one of those for that price or less.

All the best,

Bob
  3. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

+1 Those Squier's are getting so good.
  4. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

215 is fair. Kona is ok. Return policy in case it sucks?
  5. Bobster

Bobster

6. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

This, or one of the better SX's in the $149-199 range.
  7. dalkowski

dalkowski

Bob is right on the money. If you need a low-cost J, take the Squier over the mystery meat.
  8. SlingBass4

SlingBass4 Supporting Member

9. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist Supporting Member

+2 On the Squier. They simply aren't an 'unknown quantity' gamble, and the ones I've played have been more than decent.
  10. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

For what it is worth, I just bought a Squier Telebass Plus and it is a very well made, very playable instrument. It cost me $250 shipped to my door and if I didn't like it, it was easily returnable.
  11. rojo412

rojo412 You're entering a world of bass... Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    Squier, ftw.

Anything else in that price range is too much of a risk of being a real turd (((cough))) like SX! (((cough))).
    Get something that at least has a ton of people saying they are good... like Squier.
  12. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Get something older and used and Made in Japan. Period. Those cheap Kona basses are made for first time bass buyers to be thrown away or ebayed for $50.

I can point you to a Charvel CX490 for $150. Plus many many Great basses at low prices. No they are not mine. I just know how to find them and hand pick them.

Pm Me for advice on this subject. I have been buying and selling used and new basses for 30 years. You don't need a new bass. and you can't get a "great" new one in that price range. You can get a "Great" IMO used bass in that $$ range.
  13. wolfmancharlie

wolfmancharlie Supporting Member

+1 more for the buck with used.70's or 80's japanese made basses especialy from Matsomuko are the best you can get for small money.