1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Would you go to a Pink...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cronker, Feb 28, 2014.

1. cronker

cronker

Concert if she didn't do her acrobatics?

She is massive over here in Australia, but I believe in diminishing returns when she always does her acrobat stuff.
    Seen it, move on....

Thoughts?
  2. Bob C

Bob C

No. I wouldn't go, acrobatics or not. There are some things I like about Pink's image, style and songs. But there are too many things that turn me off. The singer in the band I just joined keeps pushing to learn some Pink songs. They are not right for our band. She doesn't get that.

Well, I'm 57. So, there ya go. Pink is hot though.
  3. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

Yes. Yes I would. Sounds like a good time if you ask me.
  4. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Incredible singer songwriter yes I would go but I agree it's getting old hat the first time was really cool now it's time for something else i just hope she doesn't keep upping the act and really hurt or kill herself.
  5. letsrumble

letsrumble

Only if she plays "Last To Know". :D

I agree that the high-flying act has run its course.
  6. PetersReviews

PetersReviews

If the tickets were free, sure! But seriously, I think the acrobatics are amazing but I'd prefer to see her just sing.
  7. Beltdrive

Beltdrive

Not unless Jimi Hendrix was the opening act.
  8. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

No. No interest whatsoever. I know her by name, but I couldn't name you one song she sings.
  9. Mechanical

Mechanical

If anyone has illusions that Pink is involved in any way of her music production, s/he is sadly mistaken. Canned bubblegum act. Next please.
  10. waynobass

waynobass Supporting Member

I think you are sadly mistaken.

(That is probably true of Katy Perry, though.)
  11. FilterFunk

FilterFunk

Any proof, or is this just a knee-jerk assumption?
  12. mwbassace

mwbassace

From what I understand her 1st album the songs were picked for her & exactly as your claiming. But then she hooked up w/Linda Perry (I think thats her name) from 4 non blondes, & they wrote all the songs on her next few albums. Then they had a falling out when Linda got "in demand" & worked w/Christina Aguilara & some others. But then they made up again (I believe). But even the album without Perry she wrote the songs.
  13. blue4

blue4

Yes, I hear its a good show.
  14. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I wouldn't go to a Pink concert regardless of what she did unless someone paid me enough money to pay off my mortgage.

By the way, she doesn't sing live. Like most singers who do an acrobatic stage show, she lip synchs. If I want to listen to a recording, I'll pop in a cd or listen on my Ipod. However, Pink is not currently and will never be anything that I will listen to.
  15. Tennesseemick

Tennesseemick

Yes. My wife and I would go--acrobatics or not--if the show's schedule matched ours.
  16. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

I like Pink, I wouldn't say no to seeing her. I never have, so if she skipped the acrobatics I wouldn't miss them. Not sure of all concerts to spend my money on she's be at the top of the list, though.
  17. Trayster2

Trayster2 Supporting Member

I think I'd love Pink if her music went with the ever present snarl on her face. I always wished she'd been punk. I love Eva Gardner, so if the tickets were given to me, I'd go, especially if her cover of Bohemian Rhapsody was guaranteed to be in the set.
  18. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

Lol! :D
  19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I have no issues at all with Pink, she is one of the better singers out there today and she actually sings, even when she doing her acrobatics in the air.

Pink is the real deal.

It is a known fact throughout the industry that Pink does not lip sync during her live performances.

One of the few in the industry that's against lip syncing.

Pink explains that she was singing the song glitter live during her 2010 grammy performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWEqikOq4j8

This is the performance.

And would I see Pink live? Yes, I have been invited to her concerts but my schedule did not allow me to attend.
  20. cnltb

cnltb

I don't think I'd go if I had to pay for the ticket.
    Pink doesn't interest me.

But...If I got a free ticket to go with friends I might have a looksee.